Clinical Operational Manager - Band 8a - Fixed Term/Secondment Post until March 31st 2024 37.5 hours per week - WANDSWORTH
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Registered General Nurse to join and lead the existing dynamic and innovative North Community Nursing Team and Continence Service in Wandsworth. The successful candidate will lead and work alongside an already established group of Clinical Operational Mangers. Clinical supervision and additional support are provided from the Clinical Business Unit Manager.
So what do you need to join our team?
- Are you a Registered General Nurse with a proven track record managing complex patients and interested in management and further developing your clinical practice?- Are you able to motivate, lead and support team members?- Candidates should have excellent communication and clinical assessment skills as well as the ability to provide tailored, holistic care. Have the ability to build effective working relationships with other healthcare professionals and services to further develop this progressive service.
To discuss this post or to arrange an informal visit please contact:
Contact:Gemma Gilmore, Interim CSU Manager on 07990352761 or email: firstname.lastname@example.orgMain duties of the jobClinical Operational Manager
The post holder is responsible for the operational and clinical management of the patient care services within the clinical speciality, including accountability for the patients' experience of care and the clinical environment. To provide strong clinical and operational leadership to staff and patient care in accordance with the clinical model. To support with the continuing development of an integrated service between the community, primary care, social care and acute trusts. Key Working Relationships
CSU Manager, other clinical operations managers, community adult health services staff, acute providers, human resource manager, education team, GP's and other primary care staff, specialist services, divisional director of nursing and governance, divisional director of operations, allied health professionals, safeguarding team.About us
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Demonstrate highly developed clinical skills and act as clinical advisor and educator to junior staff and overall responsibility for clinical care in a designated area. Set, monitor and maintain excellent standards of nursing/therapy care. Maintain personal contact with patients, relatives and carers, being sensitive to their need for courtesy, dignity and privacy. Communicate and work with the multi professional team to promote comprehensive, high quality patient care. Be proactive in leading, developing and undertaking innovative practice within the department/service Participate in nursing/therapy and multi professional research/audit and ensuring that evidence based nursing/therapy practice is promoted.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full roles and responsibilities. Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationEssential
- Nurse: Registered Nurse level one, Specialist practice qualification or equivalent academic post graduate study and experience, Evidence of management experience
- AHP: Graduate Diploma/Degree in an Allied Health Profession, Registered to practice with Health and Care Professions Council , Evidence of relevant in depth postgraduate study or qualification to a level equivalent to Masters where this is available and/or relevant CPD showing evidence of successful recent study, Evidence of management experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Nurse: Non-medical Prescriber V100/150/200, Extended or independent non-medical prescriber (V300)
- AHP: Member of the AHP professional body relevant to own profession
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.