BAND 8a CLINICAL/COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGIST OR PRECEPTORSHIP OPPORTUNITY AT BAND 7.
We are recruiting for a Clinical/Counselling Psychologist to be based at Tatchbury Mount, Calmore, to work with our work with a dedicated Early Intervention in Psychosis (EIP) team. We are a supportive team who pride ourselves on delivering high-quality care and promoting recovery. We are committed to CPD and self-care, ensuring staff can achieve the right work-life balance. There will also be some work across the bases within the area.
This role is a combination of direct clinical work, team and service development. You will undertake specialist psychological assessment, formulation and evidence-based interventions with individuals and families with a range of difficulties associated with the experience of psychosis.Main duties of the job
You will be joining the South West Hampshire Psychological Therapies Team. We are a friendly and supportive team of clinicians, who pride ourselves on delivering high quality care and promoting recovery. As a team we are keen to share ideas and to continually develop the service to ensure we are offering the highest quality of care.
The post could be appointed either as a band 7 preceptorship towards an 8a role or be appointed at 8a. Responsibilities would be adjusted accordingly. We are able to put a development plan in place to support applicants wishing to be considered for a preceptorship.
This post would be suitable for someone about to qualify as an Applied Psychologist and who will be registering with the Health Care Professions Council.
We welcome informal enquiries and visits. If you would like to discuss the post in more detail, please email Dr Kathryn Gaussen (Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Community Lead) at email@example.com in the first instanceAbout us
Are you committed to providing remarkable care and service?Are you passionate about helping people and want to make a difference every day?We want to meet you!
Southern Health is one of the largest Foundation Trusts in the UK, specialising in mental health, adult and child community health and learning disabilities. We are committed to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children, young people and adults at risk of abuse and neglect through our 6,500 strong workforce.
Southern Health has over 300 sites across the county and we serve 1.5 million people throughout all stages of their lives. Our aim is to work alongside the people we support (and our health and care partners) to deliver the best possible care and constantly improve.
Here at SHFT we have so much to be proud of:
- Working as a team and supporting each other, we put patients and our staff at the heart of everything we do.
- We have a skilled and diverse workforce and are committed to our staff development, offering bespoke training packages, leadership pathways and career opportunities.
- We offer a variety of benefits such as an amazing pension scheme, generous annual leave, Childcare Choices scheme, many discounts (Blue Light card, The Company Shop, NHS Staff Discounts, cycle to work scheme) and much more.
Come to work with us, together we will provide outstanding treatment and care to improve lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.
We are happy to talk Flexible Working - all requests for flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Doctoral-level training in psychology, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology accredited by the BPS.
- Registered with the Health Care Professions Council as a Psychologist
Southern Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.