RCHT is currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our DEXA scanning team, to help promote and expand bone health knowledge throughout the wider community, and to continue improving access and pathways for the patients of Cornwall.
This post will be based at Bodmin CDC with rotation as service requires through RCHT Treliske Hospital & Truro Healthpark, Rheumatology departmentMain duties of the job
You will be a valuable member of the team in the provision of a quality led and timely Imaging service. We actively support and encourage Radiographers in their career development and are committed to providing increased opportunities to widen specialist skills, extend roles and deliver advanced practice. There is an active CPD and audit calendar within the department with involvement from all staff groupsAbout us
The Royal Cornwall Hospital is the main acute healthcare provider for the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly providing a full range of services accessed by more than 600,000 people a year.
The Clinical Imaging Service is county wide offering patient's high quality diagnostics in their local community hospital or specialist services at the Royal Cornwall, St Michaels and West Cornwall Hospitals.
The diagnostic Imaging department has recently achieved accreditation through the Imaging Services Accreditation Scheme (ISAS) and has been inspected and rated by the Care Quality Commission as 'Outstanding', - the highest possible rating.
Please take a moment to view this link and see the opportunities in Clinical Imaging: youtube.com/watch?v=9idN9cvivdkJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Performs a variety of duties involving conduct of all aspects of bone density tests and related duties, insuring technically accurate scans of designated skeletal areas of interest
Carry out quality assurance tests on DEXA scanner and record the outcome of these tests, according to departmental / Trust procedures.
Ensure that patient information is backed up and archived on computer systems according to departmental procedures.
To undertake scans in a professional manner ensuring a high standard of clinical care.
To recognize anatomy and pathology (within scope of practice) to enable optimization of scans and to liaise with Lead Advanced practitioner and Consultant Radiologist to arrange further images/scan sequences when required.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- DCR(R) or BSc Hons (Radiography) in Diagnostic Imaging or equivalent in other AHP roles / nursing
- Current state registration through HCPC, or relevant professional body
- Post graduate qualification in DEXA or willingness to study for qualification
- Post graduate qualification
- Prior experience / knowledge of bone health
- 2 years post graduate experience
- Portfolio evidence of relevant experience in Clinical Imaging
- Good working knowledge of computer programs
Practical & Intellectual SkillsEssential
- Clinical experience in other imaging modalities
- Clinical experience in healthcare
- Microsoft knowledge: Powerpoint / Excel
- Ability to work autonomously or part of a team
- Portfolio evidence of CPD
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to manage priorities under pressure
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- IT skills necessary to use specialist imaging equipment
- Ability to work across professional and organisational boundaries
- To carry out audit and contribute to clinical governance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in using PACS and RIS
- Experience in hospital IT systems
Royal Cornwall Hospitals TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.