Are you an inspirational leader, passionate about service development and opportunities to enable excellent outcomes for children and young people?
If so, we are recruiting an Occupational Therapist to join the Children and Young People's (CYP) service senior management team as Occupational Therapy Operational Lead for School Age and Statutory Services for the Integrated Therapy Service in Buckinghamshire. The service forms part of the CYP Integrated Therapies Team within the Trust and sits alongside the wider CYP service which includes Health Visitors, Community Nurses for Children with a Learning Disability, Community Paediatricians and School Nurses.
The post holder will be part of the wider senior management team within CYP therapy and will work jointly with the Head of Service for CYP Integrated Therapy Service, Operational Lead for Speech and Language Therapy, Clinical lead for Physiotherapy and the Occupational Therapy Operational Lead for Early Years/Health to ensure the high-quality delivery of these services, specifically providing an operational overview of the school age and statutory occupational therapy service.Main duties of the job
About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
- Responsible for overseeing delivery of OT services to school aged children and statutory services (education and social care) in schools, clinics and virtually.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of resolutions and tribunals engaging in the mediation and tribunal process as required.
- Ensure smooth running of delivery of EHCP hours, clinic services, virtual advice lines and webinars for school aged children.
- Coordinate statutory assessments.
- Undertake line management responsibilities, including appraisals, the development of personal development plans, performance monitoring, and professional development of staff in line with Trust and professional policies
- Work collaboratively with partner agencies / organisation at national and local levels to embed a delivery of universal, targeted and specialist occupational therapy training into all settings in Buckinghamshire.
- Responsibilities for website development and communications Occupational Therapy - Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust - CYP Website (buckshealthcare.nhs.uk)
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We'recommitted to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued, and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on email@example.com quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAININGEssential
- Recognised Qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Professional registration with HCPC
- Post graduate clinical/ management qualification or equivalent level of experience and proven ability to perform at this level
- Significant demonstrable experience of and demonstrable achievement in managing health/social care services
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective partnerships with stakeholders in the redesign of services
- Experience of effectively leading and implementing change
- Experience of monitoring staff performance
- Experience of budget management / management of resources
- Extensive experience of working with school aged children
- Experience of tribunal and resolution work and processes
- Highly skilled at working with school aged children in school and clinic settings
- Expert knowledge of assessments and interventions for children of school age.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Must have own can and able to travel cross sites in Buckinghamshire.
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Whielden Street, Amersham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.