Are you buzzing with enthusiasm and with a keen desire to start an exciting new career in Finance in the NHS, learning new skills and gaining experience in the workplace whilst achieving a nationally recognised Apprenticeship qualification?
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a passion for finance to gain experience in a busy Finance department.
If yes to the above, then we have the ideal opportunity for you. We have an Apprenticeship vacancy in our Finance department in the hospital and we are looking to recruit a high-quality individual to join our Apprenticeship Programme.
You must have
at least 5 GCSEs [Grades A C, or 4 or above, including English and Maths
]. You must not
already hold a level 3, or above qualification in the same subject area.
You will be employed on at least a 13 month fixed term contract, working 37.5 hours a week, with time for formal study towards a Level 2 Accounts /Finance Assistant which includes the Level 2 Certificate in Accountancy (AAT) qualification.
Salary: �10,296 training rate.
You are strongly advised to read the Job Description and Person Specification, and any other supporting documents
. This provides details of what to include in your application form to give you the best possible chance of being shortlisted.
For further information, please contact Adam Hawksworth on 01226 435662 or Mark Fleetwood on 01226 433953 or email email@example.com.Main duties of the job
To work within the Management Accounts team to carry out delegated activities. To be a reliable and helpful member of the team, communicating well with colleagues and service users, relevant to the role.
Gain knowledge and experience of the functions within the Management Accounts department and the overall finance function.
To work in a supported learning environment to undertake a development programme leading to a National Standard as part of an apprenticeship programme, developing the skills and knowledge required to complete the programme end point assessment (EPA).
Update and modify Microsoft Office files including spreadsheet and database files.
Develop knowledge, skills and competencies within a computerised finance system and understand how different modules work to create the required outputs.
To assist with month-end processes in accordance with the monthly timetable, including collation and processing of source data.
To assist and support the production of accurate monthly management reports issued to budget holders.
Help to provide corporate support functions as required and participate in maintaining and developing financial management systems and processes.
Respond to correspondence and queries accurately and promptly in order to provide a quality service to stakeholders and staff within the Trust.About usPlease note that the Trust reserves the right to close a position early.
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a high performing Trust achieving a Good rating in our most recent Care Quality Commission (CQC) assessment and achieving significant progress in the delivery of our strategic objectives. We are proud of the commitment of our staff to ensuring a strong and sustainable future for this organisation which is highly valued by our local communities.
There has never been a better time to join Barnsley Hospital. It is moving at pace and a we can do this attitude is evident right through the organisation, where staff are engaged for change and committed to being part of the journey to sustainability and growth.
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and fair treatment to all applicants regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, mental or physical disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age or offending history.
The cost of the DBS (criminal records check) for Band 6 and above roles only will be met by the successful candidate(s) through salary deduction.Certificates of Sponsorship
We welcome applications from individuals who may require sponsorship under the skilled worker or health & care visa route.
**Please note funding for travel and associated relocation costs may not be covered by the Trust**
Please see further details below.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesJob Description for 2102
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role and responsibilities.Supporting Documents
Please refer to the values-based recruitment guidance and associated documentation.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- 5 GCSEs minimum grade C or equivalent including Maths and English.
- GCSE Maths and English grade B or above.
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to work in line with policies and procedures and take responsibility for own work.
- Demonstrates an enthusiastic attitude to work.
- Develops positive working relationships, recognising and supporting the customers needs.
- Aptitude to learn quickly under supervised direction.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Demonstrable experience in any area or involvement in extracurricular activities.
Knowledge and AwarenessEssential
- Previous work experience.
- Experience of working in an office environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Teams.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- ECDL or similar level of IT related qualification or experience.
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- In around 100 words please describe what Equality & Diversity means to you and why they are important.
- In around 100 words please describe what motivates you to do a good job.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to organise & prioritise workload in response to service need.
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.