We are part of Berkshire Health Visiting service and received top clinical team of the year
in our most recent annual staff awards.
If you regard yourself as an enthusiastic and dynamic nursery nurse then you may be suitable to join our forward thinking, vibrant health visiting team in Reading. Whether you are an experienced staff nurse ready for a new direction, newly qualified or about to qualify, we will ensure you receive individualised and effective support from both your health visiting line manager and colleagues within your team.
You will work within the West Berkshire area to deliver core and targeted services to children aged 0-5 and their families. You will require excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work in partnership with other teams and agencies, along with great communication skills and a passion for working with children and families.
A commitment to team working, flexibility and working with partners is essential, as you will collaborate with Children's Centre's in the implementation of the Healthy Child Programme underpinned by the Solihull Approach model of working.Main duties of the job
- Participate in developing and implementing outcome focused care plans and evaluate care given, in partnership with clients.
- Provide support to families using the Solihull approach model in behaviour management, parenting skills and delivering programmes of care to vulnerable families.
- Develop and facilitate Health Visiting drop-in clinics, health promotion activities and groups, work on the duty line.
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust isa specialist mental health and community health services trust. Rated 'outstanding' by the CQC, we're committed to providing the best possible care to people across Berkshire.
We value diversity and are proud to be a Stonewall Top 100 Employer.We work hard to create an inclusive environment where you'll be supported by friendly and professional colleagues to flourish.
Our values at Berkshire Healthcare:
- Caring for and about you is our top priority
- Committed to providing good quality, safe services
- Working Together with you to develop innovative solutions
Benefits of working for us include:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Flexible working options to support work-life balance.
- 27 days' annual leave rising with service + opportunity to buy and sell
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Excellent learning and career development opportunities
- 'Cycle to Work' and car leasing scheme
- Access to a range of wellbeing tools and services
- Discounts at hundreds of popular retailers and restaurants
- Staff networks for race, diversity, disabilities and armed forces community to support equality
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption and special leave.
- Free parking across Trust sites
The must haves for this role:
- You will hold a NMC nurse/midwife qualification
- You will hold a valid UK drivers license with access to a vehicle
If youre someone who shares our passion for excellence and care, join us and lets be outstanding together.
We welcome a conversation about flexibility and any other questions you may have. Please dont hesitate to call: Victoria Berryvictoria.firstname.lastname@example.org or Samantha Knight Samantha.email@example.com wholl be delighted to help.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. Reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled applicants where required.Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications/TrainingEssential
Desirable Continuous Professional DevelopmentEssential
- Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife
- Willingness to undertake further training and development
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Paediatric Experience
- Community Nursing Experience
- Demonstrates some understanding of Health Visiting
- Evidence of effective team work
- Well developed written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates an interest in public health and health education
- Computer literate
- Willingness to teach students and colleagues
- Reflective and innovative practitioner
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to work flexibly in order to respond to service needs
- Child Protection knowledge
- Evidence of proactive and innovative practice
- Leadership qualities
- Presentation skills
- Audit knowledge
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Car Driver & have access to a car for work purposes
- The post requires a degree of agility and the ability to carry/manoeuvre light to moderate loads
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Health Visiting Newbury
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.