We are recruiting to the role of Pathology Manager at Kettering General Hospital. This is an opportunity for those working in Pathology to join the leadership team and develop their careers in this field.
The post holder is responsible for the day-to-day operational management of a team of Pathologists, Clinical Scientists, Biomedical Scientists, Mortuary Technicians, and a range of support staff to deliver a cost effective diagnostic clinical Pathology service and related support to Kettering General Hospital NHS Trust and other users.
You'll make an impact, be challenged to think differently, be bold & help innovate to keep improving things. Everything we do centres around patient care which means your role is pivotal and something really to be proud of.Main duties of the job
- The Pathology services manager is required to work in a way that facilitates and supports the strategic development of the service delivery units, empowers clinicians and frontline staff in decision-making in a way that supports service improvements and provides a patient centred focus.
- Be responsible for developing business and project plans ensuring implementation and that performance targets and strategic objectives are met and manage the directorate budget and authorise all invoices for payment.
- Will co-ordinate the preparations for budget setting and forecast expected levels of activity, cost pressures, etc. in liaison with the Finance Business Partner.
- You be HCPC registered and be responsible for ensuring that the registration of all scientific members of staff is up to date, and that the codes of conduct of the HCPC are adhered to.
- Be responsible for the Integrated Governance agenda within the directorate's (Risk Management, Quality Assurance and Patient Safety/Experience) and provide assurance of compliance with regulatory and statutory standards.
- Promote medical/clinical research projects, in line with KGH research strategy, and be accountable for the implementation and governance of research and development activities across the directorate and other clinical areas if indicated.
- Work with the Pathology network and region to plan out services longer term
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest employers in the area and we are on an exciting journey.Our mission is to provide safe, compassionate, and clinically excellent patient care, by being an outstanding employer for our people. We have entered into a Group Model with neighbouring Northampton General Hospital and have become University Hospitals of Northamptonshire. Our Excellence Values: Compassion Respect Integrity Courageous AccountableJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please review the job description and person specification as this gives a more detailed view of the job role.Person SpecificationEducation, Trianing and QualificationsEssential
- Educated to master's degree level in at least one Biomedical Science discipline
- Post graduate management qualification
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration
- Recognised qualification or equivalent level of experience in statistical methodologies used in medical research and quality improvement
- Project Management qualification
- Membership of Pathology Network
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Master's degree in business administration (MBA)
- Prince 2 Practitioner Project Management qualification
- Significant post registration experience working at different levels in a diagnostic clinical pathology laboratory
- Extensive experience in clinical incident investigation, clinical governance, and clinical risk management
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD)
- Knowledge and experience of producing patient safety advice and guidance relating to Pathology procedure, relevant legislations, regulation, audits, and quality assurance
- Understanding of the relationship between the Department of Health and individual provider, commissioner, and regulatory bodies
- Knowledge and experience of the measurement of processes and outcomes in the context of quality improvement, performance management and benchmarking
- Experience of being clinically responsible and accountable for a large pathology department and service
- Significant knowledge and experience of operational and strategic planning
- Experience of successfully managing change in a complex and multi discipline environment
- Experience of successful staff engagement
- Audit training and experience
- Extensive project management experience
- Experience of Risk Management
- Experience of analysing training needs, and writing and delivering relevant training and presentations to both internal and external bodies
- Experience of managing and setting budgets of over �20m and have a knowledge of financial processes and standing financial instructions (SFIs)
- Significant experience and knowledge of Quality Improvement
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to communicate highly complex, and sometimes sensitive, information in all conceivable situations to individuals or groups
- Persuasive, motivational, negotiating skills (e.g., negotiating contracts with public bodies & commercial organisations)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw qualitative and quantitative data from a wide range of complex sources and present it in a clear concise manner quickly and accurately
- Demonstrate leadership, vision, strategic thinking, and planning with well-developed situational awareness skills
Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kettering General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.