This is an exciting opportunity within the Recruitment team supporting and advising on recruitment and selection processes together with working on a wide range of projects to enhance our attraction and administration processes.
The role supports and manages members of the Recruitment team offering a great opportunity for the post holder to further develop their coaching and line management skills.
Advising on standard and non-standard recruitment for the Trust and ensure that the integrity of the our recruitment and selection procedures is maintained and that we offer a comprehensive, proactive, efficient and cost-effective recruitment service in line with our KPI's and legislative frameworks.
Taking the lead role on the development of the recruitment service to enable the delivery of professional, timely and specialist services by the Recruitment Team, in line with statutory regulations, NHS best practice standards and systems as appropriate, e.g. ESR, and Trac.Main duties of the job
Lead the recruitment team in the development and delivery of a high quality and proactive recruitment service that meets the needs of the Trust. Be involved in developing, planning and scheduling ongoing workload of the recruitment team and recruitment strategies and ensure that job applicants' first experience of the organisation is positive.
Ensure that all recruitment administration meets internal quality standards and legal requirements. Advise managers on all areas of the recruitment process and be proactive in identifying potential issues before they become a problem, taking appropriate preventative action and being aware of legal implications.
Identifying opportunities for improving our processes and working as part of the Recruitment management to plan and deliver projects related to our service area.About us
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification.
The Trust aims to recruit and retain the best possible staff who, through the application of their skills, qualification and experience, will make a positive contribution to our business of providing quality health care services.
This post requires the post holder to be able to undertake all statutory and mandatory training and post holders must be able to undertake physical interventions. Fitness for physical intervention will be assessed by Occupational Health.
A valid UK driving licence plus the use of own transport for business purposes is essential. For qualifying staff the Trust has a Lease Car Scheme in place and also offers a popular Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme with our partner Tusker.
To ensure you fully understand how the Trust, as a Data Controller, will process and store your data please read the attached document Applicant and Staff Privacy Notice prior to applying for the role.
Candidates for any staff appointment shall, when making application, disclose in writing to the Trust whether they are related to any governor. Failure to disclose such a relationship may disqualify a candidate and, if appointed, may render them liable to dismissal.
Please view the JD& PS attached to this vacancy for the detailed main responsibilities for this role.Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work-based experience
- Evidence of CPD
- Recruitment experience
LENGTH AND / OR NATURE OF EXPERIENCEEssential
- CIPD qualification or a willingness to work towards one
PROFESSIONAL / MANAGERIAL / SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Experience and knowledge of recruitment practices and evidence of introduction and best practice
- Recruitment experience working within a large and complex organisation
- Knowledge and understanding of Employment Law and Agenda For Change Terms & Conditions, including the application of legislation and recognised best practice
- Experience of administrative and recruitment processes including setting up new systems and managing change effectively
- Knowledge and experience of NHS Jobs and/or Trac
- Experience of supporting and delivering training programme
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to utilise them to communicate effectively.
- Excellent time, project, organisational and administrative skills and the ability to set up office systems and monitor, review and implement changes to existing working practices and sustain improvements.
- Able to work independently and organise a varied workload, meeting competing demands
- Able to draft, type, format, prepare and produce a wide range of high-quality documentation, letters, emails, memos, statistical information, graphics, presentations and reports.
- Numerate and able to analyse, calculate and produce statistical information accurately.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and represent the professional face of the recruitment function both internally and externally, dealing with any conflict in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to work within a team environment and encouraging achievement through team work
- Ability to manage and motivate, including performance/ attendance management issues.
- Ability to establish key working relationships at all levels
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and work in a self-directed manner
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good working knowledge policy and practice
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Edward Jenner Court
1010 Pioneer Avenue, Gloucester Business Park, Brockworth
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.