Gloucestershire (CAMHS) is provided county wide through geographically located community CAMHS teams (Gloucester/ Forest of Dean/ Cheltenham/ Tewkesbury/ North Cotswolds/Stroud/ Cirencester).
The post holder will:
Main duties of the job
- work as a CAMHS Registered Practitioner within a community team which accepts referrals from a wide range of multi-agency partners as well as providing an effective and timely response to urgent referrals.
- Work as a CAMHS Registered Practitioner with the Youth Support Health Team (YST)
- Work closely with the Youth Offending, Youth Justice, NEET and CE and Missing practitioners within YST
- Offer formal clinical supervision to junior staff as requested
- Contribute to cross county CAMHS Clinics regarding specific disorders as required.
- Ensure regular attendance at service wide and other CPD/core competency training events.
- Provide a range of specialist CAMHS assessment and treatment interventions for children and young people (0-18yrs) as well as their families/carers who present with emotional and mental health difficulties as well as those children and young people who have learning disabilities.
- Undertake clinical responsibility for a caseload, adhering to risk management and care planning processes in line with Care Programme Approach (CPA) and liaising with Trust and multi-agency partners across Gloucestershire as required.
- Provide CAMHS specialist clinical risk assessments (including Self Harm assessments) and complex risk management plans as part of routine clinical work.
- Provide clinical interventions within a multidisciplinary team where expected roles, responsibilities and activity/performance expectations are outlined within a personal (team based) job plan. This job plan will be reviewed on a quarterly basis and may be adjusted to meet team or service led requirements.
- Ensure high quality, accurate and contemporaneous clinical record keeping is maintained in line with current Trust policies.
- Provide CAMHS consultation, training and advice to professionals working within a range of children's services within Gloucestershire on a routine basis.
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Our Staff Survey results showed people at our Trust feel they are engaged, part of a team and work for a compassionate and inclusive organisation.
Our overall scores were better than average in eight of nine themes and level in one - the best overall results for a community, mental health and learning disabilities Trust in the south west and first equal amongst all sector NHS providers within the region tooJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Gloucestershire Health and Care is committed to embedding and providing personalised care through all of its services as part of our high-quality care strategy. The purpose of personalised care is to empower people to lead the lives they want to live. Personalised care starts with a conversation with people about what matters to them. It builds on what people can do, as well as addressing their health needs. Including new ways of working and delivering care, emphasising that we need to make effective use of the full range of our peoples skills and experience to deliver the best possible patient care. So we want to know What Matters to You and that you will share our values and join us on this very important journey. The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to the Additional Information attachment before submitting your application. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professional Health or Social Care qualification: RNLD, RMHN, OT, MHSW
- Profession specific additional qualifications (i.e LD, nurse prescriber, DBT, CBT, AMHP, family therapy or systemic practice)
- Significant clinical experience of delivering evidence based/best practice clinical interventions within CAMHS or related services and/or adult mental health settings.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of providing clinical supervision
- Experience of providing specialist consultation/ support to partner agencies
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.