We are seeking a full-time, accredited/trained vascular scientist to join our friendly, dedicated team at Royal Bournemouth Hospital (RBH). Final year STP trainees encouraged to apply and those interested in part time hours will also be considered.
We are a small department that supports DVT clinics, an acute stroke service and regular vascular one-stop clinics for 7 vascular consultants working as part of the main hub of the Dorset and Wiltshire Vascular network.Main duties of the job
We have 3 clinical rooms equipped with 2xGE logiq machines and 1xSamsung HS60 machine, performing a full range of vascular ultrasound investigations including peripheral arterial and venous duplex, carotid/DVT scanning, ABPI/TBPI testing as well as mapping/monitoring for dialysis access patients. Training will be provided for applicants less experienced in fistula scanning.
You would be expected to perform and independently report scans, be involved with training of junior colleagues and also be allotted non-scanning time for auditing, research projects and CPD.
Position is primarily based at Bournemouth but occasional working at Poole hospital may be required. Weekend TIA clinic cover is also a requirement on a 1 in 7 basis with financial incentive given for any overtime. Base Location: Royal Bournemouth Hospital Interview Date: TBCAbout us
Our values define who we are as #TeamUHD. They underpin everything we do now and in the future. They define how we treat our patients, visitors, and each other, our valued teammates and colleagues.
UHD are investing in services across the Trust, with many being transformed and developed following merger and the New Hospital Programme.
This means that some services may move site this year or next, either temporarily or long term. Recruiting Managers interviewing for this role will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have at interview. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc science
- Accredited Vascular Scientist with Society for Vascular Technology of Great Britain & Ireland OR Completion of Vascular STP training
- HCPC registration
- MSc Vascular ultrasound
- To be able to work independently in all areas of vascular ultrasound. This includes carotid, lower & upper limb arterial & venous scanning). Vein scanning includes reflux studies, mapping & testing for DVT).
- Experienced in doppler ABPI testing.
- To manage own workload, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Evidence of continual professional development
- General Ultrasound experience including abdominal, gynae & pelvic
- Pre and post op renal access scanning.
- Post-operative EVAR duplex.
- Experience of Vascular Measurement techniques such as toe pressures & plethysmography
- Experience of training/mentoring students
- High standard of clinical competency in a wide range of Vascular Ultrasound examinations. Expertise in analysing data, drawing conclusions and presenting information to other clinical staff verbally and using reports & diagrams.
- Ability to provide accurate, concise, clinical reports
- Manual dexterity and hand eye co-ordination skills
- Experience of using PACS and RIS
- In depth knowledge of anatomy, pathology & clinical conditions related to vascular ultrasound.
- Current Knowledge of best practice and up to date knowledge on current trends in vascular ultrasound.
- Understanding of Clinical Governance, evidence based practice and audit. Understanding of WRULD and knowledge appropriate scanning techniques to minimize risks.
- In depth knowledge of ultrasound quality assurance.
- Good communicator, compassionate attitude towards patient care.
- Ability to supervise & teach other staff.
- Team worker
- Ability to work under pressure
- Showing initiative
- Able to cope with distressing situations e.g. to advise patients on finding severe cerebrovascular disease or limb threatening peripheral vascular disease.
- Able to prioritise workload
- Participates in care of equipment and keeping it clean
- Participates in routine quality assurance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Be able to speak English as necessary to undertake the role
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Bournemouth Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.