The Mental Health in Schools Support Teams
(MHST) project is an initiative funded by NHS England, Health Education England and partners, with the aim of improving the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people in the community. MHST's have been set up to offer low intensity cognitive behaviour (CBT) interventions to children, young people and their families with low-moderate mental health difficulties. The interventions are (mostly) delivered in a range of education settings for children aged 5 - 18 years old. Each MHST team covers a school-aged population of 8,000 children.
AWP are working in partnership with Off the Record (OTR) to co-deliver this model in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG) area with the workforce being employed equally across both organisations. We have eight teams already and are pleased to be in the position to recruit new senior clinical roles. This will broaden our scope to offer some high intensity CBT in our region and provide high quality CYPIAPT supervision of supervision. Part time or flexible working arrangements would be considered. The focus of this full time post is in South Gloucestershire with some possible part time hours available working in central Bristol.
P.S: The provisional interview date is 20th October 2023Main duties of the jobThis role will have three key functions: You will offer high intensity CBT evidence based interventions to children, young people and their families in their educational setting. You will offer a CYPIAPT model of supervision to High Intensity CBT clinicians
You will have senior responsibility in the operational clinical delivery of high intensity CBT across all the MHST teams, and work closely alongside the MHST Team Managers who share the responsibility on our delivery of the whole school approaches, and line manage the practitionersAbout us
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust)a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care.
We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset.
Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
At AWP we actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds we are particularly keen to encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, those with disabilities and from the LGBTQ+ community. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to AWP, as diversity makes us stronger.
You will enjoy the benefits of working in AWP, an NHS Trust that is committed to developing highly skilled workforce and actively encourages professional development opportunities. You will be encouraged and supported to participate in additional training and development activities.
You will also benefit from the generous NHS pension scheme and exclusive NHS discounts.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesWe will be looking for the following experience, skills and qualities in you:
Person SpecificationProfessional RegistrationEssential
- You will have a recognised qualification in High Intensity Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and hold a professional registration.
- You have a minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience in delivering high intensity CBT
- You have previous experience of offering supervision and would be prepared to complete the CYPIAPT supervision course, if not already done so.
- You are a key advocate for addressing cultural differences and inequalities, and want to work with us on breaking down any internal and external systemic barriers to improve access and support for children and their families.
- You will have experience in working with children in Educational settings.
- You will have experience of offering professional consultations to families/carers and other professionals involved in the life of the child/young person, as this will also form part of the role.
- You will have excellent communication skills and be able to network with other agencies. You will have high standards of writing clear, precise and defensible documentation and are able to guide and promote this quality marker in the workforce.
- You are passionate about participation and including YP and their parents in all aspects of our design and delivery.
- Professional Registration
- 2 years post qualified CBT experience
- Supervision Experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Working in Educational Settings
- CBT Supervision Experience
- Working in a CAMHS service
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Off the Record
2 Horfield Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.