As a band 6 Community Mental Health Practitioner (RMN/OT/Therapist) you will be part of a service that will provide specialist input to service users and their carers who may be affected by a mental health diagnosis. You will be working closely with other providers in line with the recommendations from National Strategy and appropriate NICE Guidelines. You will be part of a service that provides evidence-based, first-class healthcare putting service users' needs at the centre of the service.Main duties of the job
- Working in the Older Adults Community Team delivering high-quality clinical service to service users and their families.
- You will be responsible for the deliver a variety of specialist assessments and evidence based mental health interventions associated to all areas of older adults mental health.
- Managing a complex caseload and being responsible for clinical and caseload supervision of other team members where identified.
- Operating as a care coordinator for a defined caseload of service users
- You will be able to assist in completing medication reviews and routine reviews for those patients referred.
- Delivering therapeutic interventions, following an agreed care plan, to an identified group of people experiencing mental health-related difficulties.
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by:
- Supporting your career development and progression.
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients.
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, mileage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccination every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesCheck out the videos below showcasing why you should grow your career here with us at MPFT:
Why Work for Mental Health Services at MPFT - YouTube
Development and Progression Within Mental Health Services at MPFT - YouTube
What is it like to be a Mental Health Nurse in a community setting at MPFT? - YouTube
Are you a Mental Health Practitioner (RMN/OT/Therapist) looking for a new opportunity to work in an organisation that will help you develop and achieve your goals to become the best you can be? If so, you're in luck.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust has an opportunity to join our Older Adults Community team in Cannock, South Staffordshire. We are an award-winning team and when you come to work with us, we will help you reach your full potential. Not only that, but we will also actively seek opportunities to share the great things you are doing, with others locally, regionally, and nationally.
You will have a level of knowledge and expertise acquired through in-depth experience of older adult and dementia care underpinned by extensive post registration to develop skills, knowledge and an excellent values base. You will be able to work autonomously on completing the assessments and formulating person centred care plans and risk assessments for those accessing the specialist service.
For more information on the role please don't hesitate to contact Pathway Manager Jody Blencowe - Jody.Blencowe@mpft.nhs.ukPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- A qualified/registered mental health practitioner (RMN/OT/Therapist)
- Post registration course/s at degree or diploma level
- Leadership qualification
- Psychological interventions qualification (CBT, EMDR, CAT, DBT, Family Therapy)
- Evidence of extensive post registration experience of working with adults experiencing mental health related difficulties
- Experience of working with people who have difficulty in engaging with services and have complex mental health needs
- Experience of working with Older Adults
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working therapeutically in community settings
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
12 Park Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.