The Medical Assessment Unit is a busy, developing area and we are now recruiting experienced Band 5 Registered Nurses who are ready for new challenges.
In return for your flexibility, enthusiasm and dedication we will offer you a comprehensive training package tailor made for you.
The Medical Assessment Unit is a fast-paced area, and you will need to be organised, resilient and open to change.
We expect exemplary communication skills both verbal and written. Above all else quality patient care needs to be your priority at all times.
We can offer full or part time hours, but flexibility is desired being able to work day and night shifts. Main duties of the job
We can support you in furthering your clinical skills in assessment, deteriorating patient management, venepuncture, cannulation, and ECG recording.
We have our own clinical educating team dedicated to MAU who will provide an excellent induction package and on-going support for your training needs. You will also have a dedicated preceptor who will be on hand to support your induction process.
MAU can be an overwhelming but exhilarating and highly rewarding place to work. We are dedicated in the promotion of staff well-being and there is always lots of support with the education team along with the senior team are readily available with advice and guidance. Closing date of applications: 25th September 2023 Date of interview: 9th October 2023About us
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We see on average 4810 OP appointments per day.
- We are the 4th busiest Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients department in England - an average of 2077 per week.
- An average of 1115 patients are seen in A& Es across our network every day - 3rd largest in the country.
- Our hospitals admit an average of 195 emergency patients daily.
- Last year we undertook almost 33,700 planned surgical operations in our 57 operating theatres.
- We are one of only 7 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres.
- We carry out more than 140 elective procedures each working day.
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.Person SpecificationRegistered NurseEssential Effective Communication skillsEssential
- Documentation of previous employment/ skills/ years service on application form
- Good supporting information
- Previous experience in an acute hospital setting
- Demonstrable post registration Experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience of working in an assessment Area
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Derby Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.