An opportunity has arisen for highly motivated Band 5 Staff Nurses within the Orthopaedic Outpatient Department at Bradford Royal Infirmary. Our unit incorporates other services which include Orthotics, Plastics and Casting. Outpatient experience is desirable, but not essential, as in house training will be given.
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is committed to ensuring that patients are at the centre of all we undertake delivering safe healthcare, of the highest quality, at all times. In order to continue providing care at this level, we are looking to recruit the right people, who are able to play their part in meeting these demanding targets.
Applicants should have, or be waiting to receive UK Nursing registration (NMC). Good time management, team work and the ability to work under pressure are essential. A structured preceptorship period of training and development will be provided with the support of the training department. Please see job descriptions and person specifications for further details.Main duties of the job
If you would like to be considered for a position within our team, please apply online. Successful candidates will require references covering a minimum period of 3 years from your current/most recent employer. Wherever possible provide an e-mail address for your referees.If you are shortlisted we are required to check your documents to establish both your identity and your right to work in this country at interview. We require at least one item of photographic documentation. Enquiries to: Sister Tammy Bingham or Sister Angela O'Neill on 01274 364849 or Tammy.Bingham@bthft.nhs.uk who would be happy to arrange a visit to the Department.
We can offer staff gymnasiums on both hospital sites, excellent pension scheme and advice on childcare. Closing Date: 29.09.23 (This date may change dependent on the response)About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information about the role.Person SpecificationExperienceDesirable
- Additional relevant experience
- Good verbal and written command of English.
- Good communication/interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a caring, compassionate and empathetic approach to work
- Ability to plan own time and that of junior staff, use own initiative and act independently within the bounds of existing knowledge and skills
- Capable of working within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to assess patient needs and plan, implement and evaluate care appropriately
- Good understanding of the fundamental aspects of nursing care: oNutrition and hydration oDignity and respect oPain management oMedications management oPressure area care oInfection control oSafeguarding Vulnerable People
- Good understanding of common conditions such as diabetes and dementia, including the physical, psychological and emotional needs of the patient.
- Understands the limits of the job role. Has the knowledge to recognise situations that require reporting and demonstrates the ability to escalate to a senior person where appropriate.
- Understanding of current National, Regional and Local nursing issues
- UK Registered Nurse (Adult Nursing) **
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of recent and Continuous Professional Development
- Relevant specialist training
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.