Are you a Clinical / Counselling Psychologist looking for a fresh opportunity within Adult Community Mental Health?
You will be responsible for providing psychological clinical leadership and specialist interventions with regard to the care of service users with complex, severe and enduring mental health difficulties within the community mental health setting, to ensure that the care provided is effective, well led, responsive and compassionate. This post can also be offered a progression opportunity.Main duties of the job
About usIn November 2021, our organisation won a HSJ award - Mental Health Trust of the Year! This is an exciting time to join us, as we've officially merged with Yeovil District Hospital, making us one of the largest UK NHS providers in the UK. Our trust offers ample opportunities for develeopment!
- Providing highly specialised psychological assessment and psychological assessment and treatment with clients.
- To carry a clinical caseload, and to offer direct clinical interventions to service users, including evidence based therapy where appropriate, and / or flexible innovative interventions to enable, empower and engage with service users at different stages of the change cycle.
- To provide highly specialist advice, consultation and guidance to a wide range of staff and other professionals, with regard to problem assessment, complex case formulation and therapy interventions as appropriate in order to contribute to care planning and to better enable them to work with service users presenting in challenging and/or risky ways
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification for full details.
Please contact to have a discussion about the role and team - informal discussions are very welcome!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Doctoral Clinical / Counselling Psychology qualification or equivalent.
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Significant specialist post qualification experience in the field of severe mental illness.
- Experience of work across service settings and agencies.
- Working with clients presenting risk to self and/or others
- Supervision experience with all grades of staff.
- Clinical and audit work within specialist area.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Highly developed In-depth knowledge of specialist therapeutic interventions with the client group, including at least two subspecialty areas, underpinned by comprehensive theoretical knowledge.
- Advanced assessment and formulation skills.
- Evidence of continuing professional development as recommended by the relevant professional body.
- Knowledge of legislation and its implications for clinical practice and professional management, including complex child protection issues.
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Magnolia House, Summerlands
56 Preston Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.