The Hertfordshire NW Talking Therapies Team delivers talking therapies to people experiencing anxiety problems and depression. Our team consists of High Intensity CBT Therapists and Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners, social worker, trainees and administration staff. You will need an understanding of the key objectives for IAPT, and a passion for developing and supporting people.
This is a unique opportunity for a qualified health professional (e.g. nurse,occupational therapist, social worker or someone with clinical IAPT experience) to join our established team based in St Albans and Hemel Hempstead. This post offers flexible and hybrid working opportunities and you can be based on either site.Main duties of the job
This first line established management role may be an exciting step for you from a practice role into operational management. Secondary care and primary care IAPT experience can both be of real value for this post. You will work closely together and fully supported by another team leader and the service manager, and alongside our clinical leadership team, focused on the day to day operational management, leadership and supervision of the team.About us
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from theCare Quality Commission, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. We also deliver a range of nationally commissioned specialist services including Tier 4 services for children and young people, perinatal services, plus medium and low secure learning disabilities services.
The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout:
Our Trust values are:
Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!
Would you like to be part of the HPFT family? Would you like work with us to ensure our service users live the fullest lives possible they can? Would you like to be supported in your career to be the best that you can be?
Then please read on...Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Talking Therapies Team Leader will work in collaboration with the Service Manager to ensure that the highest possible standards of practice and service delivery are maintained. As part of this, the post-holder will have a key role of managing clinical and non-clinical operational systems and processes within the team.
They will use their developing management experience to lead on service changes and developments.
They will help lead a multi disciplinary team, with involvement of service coordination, staff wellbeing, supervision, client support, complaints and service improvement.
They will have opportunity to maintain a positive and supportive team culture, following trust values and to respond actively to the needs of the team.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Masters level qualification in management or management-related discipline or equivalent level of knowledge gained through management experience.
- Leadership course or willing to undertake a relevant programme
- Higher management qualification i.e. MBA LEAN training.
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Extensive experience in a general management role in a complex organisation
- NHS experience
- Experience of leading and managing teams Inc. recruitment and selection, staff appraisal, personal development and performance management
- Experience of managing multiple & complex tasks within tight deadlines
- Experience of developing and improving health services utilising continuous improvement or operational excellence methodology.
- Experience of supporting the management of organisational change .
- Experience of developing and delivering staff training programmes designed to promote service improvement needs to staff at all levels.
- Experience of developing planning and implementing new ways of working, using appropriate methodology.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
99 Waverley Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.