We have an exciting opportunity for a People Services Advisor to support the delivery of a responsive, consistent, efficient employee relations, people centred investigation and employee relation case services to Care Groups and Corporate areas across the Trust.
The postholder will assist the Head of Employee Relations and case investigators in the management of ER cases. This will include preparation of weekly and monthly reports. It will also include supporting regular multi-disciplinary team meetings for advice and guidance on cases and their progression.Main duties of the job
The ability to develop effective working relationships with all stakeholders quickly is key to this role . You will need to be able to manage your own time well, prioritise tasks and have an eye for detail. You will have experience of working with both unions and professional bodies. A key part of the duties will be providing support in ensuring high risk and complex cases are managed in a timely manner, in line with agreed Key Performance Indicators linked to timeframes and quality.
NHS experience is beneficial although not essential.
The successful candidate will be qualified to CIPD Level 5 or working towards the qualification or possess demonstrable equivalent experience.
The post is a fixed term post and will be for a period of up to 12 months and is up to full time (37.5 hours).
The post holder will be required to travel occasionally across the two Trusts for attendance at discussions, formal meetings and one-to-one sessions. There may be opportunities for home working.About us
At North Tees & Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust our main priority is, and always be, to provide safe and high quality care to our patients every day the kind of care we would want for ourselves and our loved ones.
We want our organisation to be the best place to work with the right staff, in the right roles, at the right time, to ensure we deliver exceptional patient care and experience.
We will support staff through providing an inclusive and supportive workplace with health and well-being initiatives, staff benefits and opportunities for personal and professional development.Staff recognition is very important to us as well as performance reviews and appraisals, we recognise staff through Star and Team of the month, colleague recognition - a note of thanks, Managers Awards, Shining Stars and Service Awards.
We actively encourage staff involvement with staff networking events and staff survey
Together we are North Tees & HartlepoolJob descriptionJob responsibilities
This is a varied role where the successful candidate will need to be able to multi- task, have excellent planning & time management skills, be a team player and be prepared to move seamlessly from one task to another, in what is a busy environment. Key responsibilities include:
- specialist employee relations support, advice and guidance to staff and managers across both Trusts
- managing a varied caseload including the effective resolution of employee relations issues including grievance, discipline, capability, redeployment, TUPE etc.
- Contribute to management of short-term and long term sickness absence, to reduce and maintain absence levels in line with organisational targets
- Assist in the development and implementation of Trust wide Workforce policies and procedures
- participate in the design and delivery of training and development events for managers and staff on relevant Workforce policies and procedures
- Provide advice and support to managers on a range of matters including Workforce policy, practice, employment law, terms and conditions,
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification or demonstrable experience within HR related field
- CIPD qualified or working towards
- Associate Member of the CIPD
- Relevant experience gained in an admin role
- Understanding of current, relevant employment law.
- Experience of developing and delivering training courses and material
- Experience of an acute hospital setting.
- Knowledge of current development and initiatives and the changing landscape of the workforce in NHS i.e Just and Learning Culture, NHS People Plan
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint. etc
North Tees & Hartlepool NHS Foundation TrustAddress
University Hospital North Tees
Stockton on Tees
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.