As a registered Nurse you will be responsible for providing the highest standard of individualised holistic patient care in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team.
You will be responsible for supporting your Manager in ensuring that our Endoscopy service users' needs are met through the delivery of high-quality care. As a centre of excellence, you will offer a person-centred approach to their independence and well-being.Main duties of the job
To work as part of the MDT, Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating individualised plans of patient care.
Effectively communicate with patients, relatives and other members of the endoscopy Team.
Maintain a high standard of clinical work when carrying out nursing procedures and assisting endoscopist with therapeutic procedures.
Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to.
Ensure all areas within the endoscopy unit are prepared safely and according to procedure.
Ensure all technical equipment is checked prior to procedures and is in good working order.
Keep up to date with COSHH regulations.
Be aware of own individual responsibilities and training needs and keep up to date with mandatory training.
Maintain a clean and safe environment and report any untoward incident.
Respect patient's confidentiality.
Keep accurate nursing records.
Facilitate effective discharge planning alongside other members of the MDT.
Cannulation and venepuncture are an essential skill.About us
Our department is driven by the trusts strategic objectives and organisational values such as We Care.
We are a large nursing team but work well and efficiently together.
Extensive training will be given.
Park and ride is available from Doncaster racecourse to DRI Monday to Friday 6am-10pm. Also a shuttle bus is available from DRI to Bassetlaw Hospital Monday to Friday and there is a bus DRI to Mexborough
Annual leave starts at 27days a year plus Bank Holidays.
Departmental study days are organised twice a year for updating and consolidating skills.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Work in accordance with the NMC code of professional conduct.
Complete necessary training with scope of professional training.
Participate in performance reviews annually.
Take charge in the absence of the person who has overall responsibility for the department.
Contribute to cost effective use of supplies, ensuring stock is maintained at a safe level.
Provide opportunities for patients and relatives to comment on the provisions of the service.
Cooperate with the investigation of complaints.
Contribute to the risk assessments of patients and the working environment.
Be aware of the major incident policy.
Ensure safe custody and administration of drugs.
Act as a placement supervisor for students.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Minimum of 12 months or working in hospital environment
- Knowledge of Endoscopy as a whole and the procedures
- RN Level 1 or 2
- Endoscopy experience
- 7 day working including on call working
- NMC Current Registration
- Up to date knowledge of professional issues
- Demonstrate professional development post-registration
- Venepuncture / Cannulation packages
- Endoscopy course
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills with multidisciplinary team/ clients/ relatives
- Demonstrate a caring manner with an understanding disposition. Be interested and committed to caring for people from any culture and environmental background or illness
- Evidence of working effectively within the multidisciplinary team
- Able to accommodate the demands of the post with flexible working as required and good attendance
- Precise and methodical in working practice and able to work under own initiative
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of trust policies and procedures
- Resourceful and able to work on own initiatives
Doncaster & Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS FTAddress
Doncaster Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.