An exciting opportunity has come up for working as a specialist doctor at Monkwearmouth Hospital. The main work is on Mowbray which is an old age organic ward. This role is 10 PAs.
The successful applicant's primary role will be as a specialist doctor providing senior medical input into Mowbray ward.
The Specialist grade doctor will have AC approval or will be working towards gaining AC approval within 6 months (usually through portfolio route).
The post holder will work with the ward manager, clinical leads, nurse consultant and other service colleagues as part of the leadership team to provide care and improve the care for patients. The post will involve providing medical leadership and input to the multidisciplinary teams at board reviews, care coordination reviews and weekly multidisciplinary review meetings.
There is a FY1 and CT trainee on the ward.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr Mohamed Morsy, Associate Medical director, Inpatients South CBU, email@example.comMain duties of the job
The post holder is expected to demonstrate a commitment to delivering excellence in clinical care, in working effectively with multi-disciplinary in-patient teams and promoting the safety and well-being of the patients. The post holder is expected to respect the rights and the dignity of patients, to consider the individual and cultural needs of patients and to work with families and carers in the best interest of the patient (in line with the Trust Carers Charter).
The Trust is constantly seeking to improve its services and to respond to changes in health care need and demand. This job description may be amended in a light of changes to patterns or service delivery and the post holder should be flexible and open to changes that enhance patient care and will be expected to play a central role in developing these services.
The post holder should familiarise themselves with Trust policies and procedures and their practice should be compliant with these. The trust is striving to have standard work for its senior medical staff and within multidisciplinary teams with the view to have consistent high quality evidence based and safe approach to care on all its inpatient sites.About usWhy us?
- Up to �8k relocation package
- 30 days study leave (every 3 years) with a generous study leave allowance
- Flexible working opportunities created with you involved in your job plan
- Remote working available as suits service needs
- Dedicated and protected SPA time
- Focus on creating a healthy workforce by investing heavily in health and wellbeing accessible support including emotional, physical, social, psychological financial and career well being
- Teaching and research opportunities available
- Stimulating CPD sessions and programs including mentoring, medical leadership, and coaching
- Teaching opportunities in our brand-new state of the art Medical Education Centre
- Employee Excellence awards
- Plus, lots more employee benefits including discounts. Find out more at thriveatcntw.co.uk
As an added bonus, the Trust is located in the Northeast of England and Cumbria which is an area of outstanding natural beauty, containing national parks, ancient heritage sites and major cities supported by excellent national and international transport links. The area is predominantly rural and contains the Lake District National Park which is considered one of England's finest areas of natural beauty.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesClinical, Leadership, Administrative and Educational duties
- To provide medical assessment, diagnosis and formulation to patients admitted.
- To assess and make recommendations under the Mental Health Act.
- To provide (or ensure referral to the appropriate service for the provision of) up to date, evidence-based interventions for the patients admitted under the post holders care.
- To collaborate within inpatient services, GPs, Community Treatment Team and primary care clinicians regarding the physical health care of patients admitted under the post holders care.
- To provide leadership, consultation, advice and guidance within the Inpatient Care team.
- To work collaboratively with Senior Clinical Colleagues in the inpatient care team.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues in other specialist mental health teams.
- To take a lead role with the Team Manager and other colleagues in service improvements and development.
- To contribute to the ongoing training and development programme within the team.
- To train and supervise junior medical staff, medical students and other allied professions.
- To lead, collaborate and advise on research and audit projects in the team, within the clinical governance agenda.
- To complete administrative tasks necessary for the fulfilment of the clinical role.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further details.Person SpecificationQualifications/EligibilityEssential
- MBBS (or equivalent)
- Full Registration with the GMC (or eligible to become registered before appointment) with a licence to practice
- Completed a minimum of 12 years' medical work (either continuous period or in aggregate) since obtaining a primary medical qualification of which a minimum of six years should have been in a relevant specialty in the Specialty Doctor and/or closed SAS grades
- Shall meet the criteria set out in the Specialist grade generic capabilities framework found at the following link: https://www.nhsemployers.org/sites/default/files/2021-06/sas-paper-2-specialist-grade-generic-capabilities-framework-2021.pdf
- Approved under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act 1983
- pproved Clinician Status or working towards attaining approved clinician status
- MRCPsych or equivalent qualification
- Postgraduate qualifications in a relevant field
- Has undergone training in educational supervision
- Has undergone training in appraisal
- Included on GMC Specialist Register (General Psychiatry) or eligible for inclusion
- Up to date knowledge in the field of Psychiatry
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983
- Good knowledge of clinical risk management
- Good knowledge of evidence based strategies for management of psychiatric disorder
- Awareness of current issues and controversies in service provision, mental health policy and legislation
- Develop effective relationships across teams and contribute to work and success of these teams - promote and participate in both multidisciplinary and inter-professional team working
- Wide clinical experience in psychiatry in different clinical settings
- Awareness of leadership responsibilities as a clinician and demonstrates appropriate leadership behaviour
- Able to manage situations that are unfamiliar, complex or unpredictable, adapting leadership behaviours to improve engagement outcomes and seeking to build collaboration with, and confidence in, others
- Experience of working in rehabilitation psychiatry
- perience in multi agency work especially with service user, carer and voluntary agencies
- Experience in service management or development
- Experience of Clinical Audit
- Experience of working in inpatient settings
- High level of clinical skills including Proven competence in diagnosis and management of psychiatric disorders
- Act as a role model, educator, supervisor, coach or mentor for medical and non-medical practitioners
- Able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills
- Good teaching skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a time efficient manner
- Established ability as a clinical teacher
- Training in specific and relevant treatment skills e.g. a brief form of psychological therapy
- Up to date CPR training
- Ability to apply psychological models to practical situations
- Able to sustain self and support others
- Honesty and integrity
- Ability to communicate with clarity in spoken and written form
- Flexible approach, keen to accept new challenges
- Punctuality/good time management
- Willingness and ability to support other professions in achieving their educational aims
- Ability to organise own learning/CPD
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative
CNTW NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.