We are looking for a band 6 Digital & Innovation Services - Service Desk Manager to work within the D& I Service Desk.
The key aspects of this role will be:
- The post holder is responsible for maintaining a high level of customer focus within the Service Desk Team, ensuring calls are answered in a polite and efficient manner.
- This role will be expected to lead, motivate and develop the Service Desk team.
- To own, assure and develop the relevant processes for the Service Desk.
- To maintain a high degree of data quality for all relevant records.
- The post holder will own and manage the escalation process. They will ensure that critical issues, such as those that might acutely affect patient care, are escalated, and dealt with in a timely manner.
***Preference will be given to internal Trust staff, as well as 'Priority' and 'At Risk' status including NHS At Risk staff throughout Devon who are able to display recent relevant experience as dictated by the Person Specification.***Main duties of the job
The D& I Service Desk provide an IT point of contact for approximately 17,500 users across the Plymouth Health Community. This community comprises of University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust and other organisations such as Livewell Southwest, Sentinel and Harbour.
The D& I Service Desk Manager will be responsible for delivering all aspects of the D& I Service Desk to a quality standard.
The post holder will manage a team of Apprentices and Service Desk Analysts who will be responsible for logging calls via telephone, email and the self-service portal. Where possible, members of this team will also resolve a portion of these calls.About us
We are a people business - where every member of staff matters and can make a difference. Patients are at the heart of everything we do. Joining University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust means becoming part of a team of dedicated staff, who are committed to leading the way through innovation, clinical excellence and great customer care. The Trust has great opportunities for career development in a highly progressive working environment. We offer all of this in a vibrant, modern city with a historic reputation for adventure. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION WILL BE ELECTRONIC, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT REGULARLY. If you have any issues with applying online and need additional support including reasonable adjustments with the application process please contact the recruitment team on 01752 432100. We recognise that work life balance is important for our colleagues and so we invite requests from applicants around less than full time/flexible working for our advertised roles. Please contact the recruiting manager to discuss this prior to your application submission. We commit to giving this full consideration in each case. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles, as diversity strengthens our teams. It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesGeneral
- The Service Desk Manager has the overall responsibility for the Service Desk which is staffed by a team of Service Desk Analysts and Apprentices.
- To make recommendations for categories in ServiceNow as required.
- To ensure information security protocols are adhered to by the Service Desk and to ensure any breaches/abuse of security protocols that become apparent are reported to the Security Team.
- The post holder must have the ability to work unsupervised and be able to lead teams through change.
- To manage the IT procurement process across the Trust and other associated organisations
- Recruitment of staff
- The post holder is responsible for maintaining a high level of customer focus within the Service Desk Team, ensuring calls are answered in a polite and efficient manner for onward transfer to the appropriate team and ensuring staff are aware of the importance of escalating calls where necessary to ensure patient care is not compromised.
- The Service Desk Manager will be responsible for managing the workload of the Service Desk Team.
- The post holder will manage rotas, leave requests, sickness and absence, appraisals and general administration.
- The post holder will be expected to progress training needs with their teams.
Person SpecificationKnowledge & ExperienceEssential
- The post holder will be responsible for ensuring all documentation is produced for processes and procedure and updated regularly.
- Office skills
- Excellent communication skills across all levels
- An understanding of large clinical setting procurement and administration systems, current trends in computing and large clinical setting data and technical standards
- Educated to degree level or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Management qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience in managing staff
Aptitude & AbilitiesEssential
- European Computer Driving Licence or equivalent
- Ability to liaise with System Suppliers
- Discretion and tact
Employer detailsEmployer name
- An understanding of a large clinical setting environment
University Hospitals Plymouth NHS TrustAddress
11 Research Way | Plymouth Science Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.