The Trust is seeking to recruit an Intelligence Analyst, with an interest in finance and NHS contracts, to join our Strategic Finance Team.
You will be ambitious, motivated and enthusiastic with strong analytical and data management skills including SQL and BI tools such as Tableau or Power BI. You will have an interest in data quality, willing to be innovative in the development of new data quality methods, and flexible in your approach. You will have the ability and willingness to develop new skills and knowledge in a variety of technical disciplines and forge successful relationships between departments.
Ideally you will also have knowledge of financial and commissioning dataflows and the NHS data dictionary and be willing to continue personal development in this area.
You will be part of an extensive Christie Analytics community with opportunities to engage in team learning sessions and analytics seminars. Through the large GM NHS Providers and ICS analytics community there are many opportunities for knowledge sharing and interaction.
To be successful, you will possess strong communication skills and demonstrate a proven track record in data management and information collation and interpretation. You will require an aptitude to develop advanced understanding of specialty specific data, and have exceptional attention to detail.
Potential applicants can contact us informally to find out more about the role, the team and the Trust.Main duties of the job
The postholder will create and import data objects utilising SQL/SSIS packages, create and submit CDS submissions to national specifications, develop and undertake data quality validations, and apply statistical and analytical knowledge to critically appraise and challenge outputs.
The postholder will use SSRS and/or other BI tools to develop/maintain a suite of reports to provide data insights and monitor data quality with appropriate statistical significance indicators.
The postholder will provide technical and analytical advice and support across the team and other Christie colleagues, in particular working closely with Christie Digital colleagues to ensure continued effective data management and reporting processes.
You will generate, interpret and investigate trends and outliers, critically appraise outputs and report and discuss statistical significance indicators with a non-technical audience.
This position provides a key role in transforming Trust data and information from a variety of healthcare systems, including coded information, into a coherent, consistent and accurate activity and financial statement.
The ability to work under pressure and to manage multiple and conflicting deadlines is essential.
The postholder will have line management responsibility for one staff member.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to take the next step in their analytical career and contribute to delivering leading cancer care to patients.About us
The Christie is one of Europe's leading cancer centres, treating over 60,000 patients a year. We are based in Manchester and serve a population of 3.2 million across Greater Manchester & Cheshire, but as a national specialist around 15% patients are referred to us from other parts of the country. We provide radiotherapy through one of the largest radiotherapy departments in the world chemotherapy on site and through 14 other hospitals highly specialist surgery for complex and rare cancer and a wide range of support and diagnostic services. We are also an international leader in research, with world first breakthroughs for over 100 years. We run one of the largest early clinical trial units in Europe with over 300 trials every year. Cancer research in Manchester, most of which is undertaken on the Christie site, has been officially ranked the best in the UK.
The Finance Team offers flexible working options.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Creation of ACM/SLAM data objects working closely with the Income Team utilising SQL / SSIS packages applying advanced levels of understanding of specialty specific data, applying exceptional attention to detail, ensuring the highest quality and efficiency of new processes are implemented Import of data objects to the Civica software package and the management of any error files together with the attendance with income colleagues to supplier support meeting The Creation of CDS submissions to national specifications and the undertaking of DQ validation to correct any issues raised from SUS The Monitoring and maintenance of essential daily tables including outpatient, inpatient, critical care, radiology necessary to support the ACM/CDS process The post holder will assist the Senior Contract Information Analyst in the monitoring and business continuity of all operationally reliant ETL functions in the ACM process Apply appropriate statistical and analytical knowledge to critically appraise and challenge the results of outputs ensuring only meaningful information is delivered to the clinical/business stakeholders. To assist in the development of a suite of reports to understand complex changes in clinical and administrative activity via the assignment of statistical significance indicators. Action the resolution of incidents, problems and requests in an efficient and professional manner, whilst conforming to Trust and departmental standards, service agreements, policies, procedures and working practices, seeking further advice and information within finance, when necessary To provide expert analysis on request from the Assistant Director of Finance Strategy, Head of Contract Information and Finance Business Intelligence, and Senior Contract Information Analyst and others To assist in the provision of an expert reporting service to support the Trusts Clinical Coding function. The post holder will have, and continue to gain, appreciation for the working environment of the clinical, financial and performance community, ensuring that outputs meet well within the expectations of stakeholders To keep abreast of financial information developments at a national and local level with particular reference to the HRG grouper software, Reference cost software and IR rules to support Specialist commissioning To develop skills in a variety of software and BI tools to present financial information in the form of interactive reports To provide advice and resource to the wider Strategic Finance team to develop and maintain efficient and effective data management and reporting processes. To support on reporting at appropriate directorate, divisional and trust level meetings To deputise for the Senior Contract Information Analyst as required Line management responsibility for the Contract Information Data Officer, including appraisals and professional development Demonstrates the agreed set of values and accountable for own attitude and behaviour
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive but reflects the main responsibilities of the post holder. Other duties may be required from time to time, which are commensurate with the grade of the post. This job description is subject to regular review and appropriate modification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree level qualification or proven experience in an Information environment
- Registered with a relevant informatics professional body
- Experience of interpreting and analysing complex requirements.
- Proven, relevant experience gained in an Information environment.
- Experience of developing Information systems using SQL Server Management Sudio
- Good knowledge of data warehousing and relational databases.
- Proven ability to prioritise work effectively and to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Creating new policies, procedures and system documentation relating to data management
- NHS experience in an information/business analysis capacity
- Previous experience of systems design and development
- NHS information systems
- Experience of multi-task working environment
- Experience of managing staff in a technical team providing a customer-focused support environment
- Experience of managing a number of equally important tasks successfully
- Advanced skills in a range of relevant software packages especially Microsoft Suite of programmes e.g. SQL server Management Studio, SSIS & SSRS
- Strong data analytical and problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work logically with great attention to details
- Ability to work on own initiative and effectively prioritise own work to meet deadlines.
- Advanced use of relational data sources, principally SQL Server
- Advanced skills in Tableau or Qlikview
- In depth knowledge of PC based applications - Microsoft Office with particular attention to SQL
- Sound knowledge of other Clinical information gathering and Data management systems
- Knowledge of NHS data definitions, with an understanding of key targets for the NHS and its information systems
- NHS Data protection and Data Quality
- Medway or knowledge of NHS hospital PAS systems
- In depth knowledge of other PC based data collection and management applications -e.g. SQL Server
- Ability to demonstrate the organisational values and behaviours
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadline
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to work flexibly
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Comfortable working in a small team with limited supervision
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Aptitude for the full system development cycle
The Christie NHS FTAddress
Contracted Information - E00419
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.