An exciting new opportunity has arisen at Chapel Allerton CSU. We are seeking to recruit a Band 7 Senior Clinical Nurse Specialist to join our Paediatric Dermatology nurse specialist team.
The Ideal candidate should be an experienced paediatric nurse with some dermatology experience, educated to degree level. You will have a good understanding of paediatric dermatology and be willing to learn.Main duties of the job
The Senior Clinical Nurse Specialist will be expected to lead and manage a small team of band 6 Clinical Nurse Speracialists and an advanced clinical Support Worker.
This will include assessing the current service and developing this service to meet the needs of the patients and their families.
You will be supported by the Lead Clinicians for this dermatology service and the CSU Matron. You will work closely with them on delivering outstanding quality service both now and in the future. The post holder will be based at Chapel Allerton Hospital. There are clinics held at LGI, SJUH, and there is a requirement to conduct home visits occasionally. About us
Our values are part of what make us different from other trusts, so we see this as strength, as well as a responsibility. They have been developed by our staff and set out what they see as important to how we work. Our five values are:
All our actions and endeavours will be guided and evaluated through these values.
Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is part of the West Yorkshire Association of Acute Trusts (WYAAT), a collaborative of the NHS hospital trusts from across West Yorkshire and Harrogate working together to provide the best possible care for our patients.
Leeds Teaching Hospitals is committed to our process of redeploying 'at risk' members of our existing workforce to new roles. As such, all our job adverts are subject to this policy and we reserve the right to close, delay or remove adverts while this process is completed. If you do experience a delay in the shortlisting stage of the recruitment cycle, please bear with us while this process is completed, and contact the named contact if you have any questions.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be operating as an independent specialist clinical practitioner providing patient- centred and evidence based critical care. The job holder is responsible for the management of a defined caseload.
The post holder will work in partnership with the multi disciplinary team (MDT) to implement and improve the patient pathway. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurese (RN Adult for clinical areas OR RN Child for Childrens areas (Level 1)
- First Level Degree or equivalent demonstratable evidence.
- Evidence pf contunued professional development.
- Willing to undergo training as neccessary.
- Master Level Degree Education of equivalent experience
- Extended/ supplementary prescribing
- Significant and recent relevant experience at Band 6 or equivalent within a appropriate speciality.
- Clinical audit and standard setting
- Experience of managing a team.
Skills & behavioursEssential
- Service development and / or change management.
- Compassionate and caring
- Capable of lateral thinking
- Motivator of self and others
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to fulfil Occupational Health requirements.
- Ability to travel between Trust premises.
Leeds Teaching HospitalsAddress
St. James's University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.