As a band 6 midwife, you will be given opportunities to work across all areas of the maternity services from the moment you start with us. We offer dedicated PMA support and a named line manager.We actively support you to develop and enhance your skills and maximise your potential in all aspects of midwifery. We look for a Midwife who will live our values of compassion, dignity and respect, one team and the promotion of safe high quality care.
Applications are invited for the above post, to work within our progressive and innovative department. You act as an excellent role model and leader to all staff and to provide a combination of clinical leadership and expert midwifery practice that promotes normality and supports midwives' contribution to evidence based maternity pathways.
Successful applicants will be expected to maintain a record of excellent attendance and have the ability to work flexible shift patterns to include nights and weekends.
Essential Requirements for the post are:
Main duties of the jobFor further information, please see the attached trust job description and person specification for a full list of duties and responsibilities. About us
- Current RM registration with the NMC
- Degree in Midwifery or related clinical experience.
- Maintained a continuum of personal and professional development in accordance with the NMC recommendations
- Evidence of practice in all areas of midwifery including required competencies ie IV cannulation, Management of Blood Products, Perineal Repair.
We provide emergency and non-emergency services to the residents of East Surrey, North-East West Sussex, and South Croydon, including the major towns of Crawley, Horsham, Reigate and Redhill a community of over 535,000 people. We provide acute and complex services and a range of outpatient, diagnostic services whilst Crawley Hospital and Horsham in West Sussex and Caterham Dene Hospital and Oxted Health Centre in Surrey provide less complex planned services. In 2019 the Care Quality Commission (CQC) rated our services as 'Outstanding' and we are one of the best performing Trusts in England:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Winners of Health Service Journal Acute Trust of the year award 2021.
- National Patient Safety Awards winner and strive to be a beacon for safety in all that we do.
- We are rated the sixth highest trust in the South East and in the top 25% nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work or receive treatment.
Once you understand the requirements outlined in the advert, please ensure your application accurately reflects where you match them. For further information regarding the role please read the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationCriteriaEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of a good standard of written English appropriate to the role
- A complete and accurate application
- Suitability for role evidenced in supporting statement
- Evidence of essential experience for role
- Meet the essential education/qualifications required for the role
- Hold the necessary mandatory professional/clinical registration
- Evidence of the Trust values and behaviours
- Evidence of any other essential criteria outlined in the person specification
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
East Surrey Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.