An exciting opportunity has arisen for a STAFF NURSE (RMN) to join our Specialist Eating Disorder In-patient Unit, Eating Disorders Service Based at The Kinver Centre, Stafford Are you looking for a new challenge?Do you want to further develop your skills and competencies as a Registered Nurse? Subject to experience and knowledge salary on appointment will be considered Welcome to MPFT Payment available - �5,000**
** Welcome to MPFT Payment - up to half paid on commencement of role
and remainder paid following 12 months of employment
As a Band 5 Nurse, you will find that much of your time is spent in face to face contact with our patients as this job puts patient care central to all that we do. We understand that as a specialist service it may be difficult to fully gain an understanding of the role and supporting patients with an eating disorder. We would therefore like to invite any Student and Registered Nurses that are interested in the role to visit the ward or undertake a shadow shift prior to application.Main duties of the jobWhat we offer: We
We offer a rewarding job which will support on-going professional development at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. Supporting the wellbeing and work life balance of our team is extremely important to us as is ensuring your continued professional development. Upon appointment, we will provide you with a bespoke induction and training package so your integration to the team is seamless and smooth. We will provide eating disorder specific training and regular clinical supervision. We also offer a preceptorship programme for newly qualified Registered Nurses and, subject to experience, will consider salary on appointment.
In addition, we are a high achieving Trust and invested in our staff. Our Nursing Strategy regularly identifies development opportunities for the nursing workforce. Supporting this, the Eating Disorder service offers a clear career path to support our workforce to develop into senior roles both in Leadership and Management and Advanced Clinical Practice.
Our services comprise both Out-patient treatment from Staffordshire and Shropshire and the In-patient Service in Stafford. We are also the lead provider for the West Midlands Eating Disorders Provider Collaborative, with the Clinical Lead for this working within our team and across both our Out-patient and In-patient services.About us
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT) is an award winning organisation with over 9000 employees. We are one of the largest integrated Health and Social Care providers, covering services across North & South Staffordshire, Shropshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Isle of Wight and Essex.
Demonstrating our strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, and in context of our objective aligned to the growth of diversity across the workforce we are particularly seeking applications from individuals who may be from under-represented groups, such as black, Asian or other ethnic groups, individuals with a disability, or LGBTQ+ individuals who meet the specific criteria.
We are embedding values based and inclusive recruitment practices to ensure that all applicants, from any backgrounds, have an equal chance of success in achieving a role with us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, self-motivated and innovative individual with a genuine interest in working in the specialist field of eating disorders. This individual may have experience working within Eating Disorders Services or be keen to develop their skills in both physical health and specialist psychiatric care.
This is an exciting role and is full of professional and personal reward. It will provide lots of variety from planning, implementing and evaluating the holistic care provided to our patients through to supporting them at meal times and throughout their stay within our In-patient Unit. About you - Do you:
If so, then this role is for you! Deliver a high quality clinical service to patients and their families and carers. Participate in therapeutic group work programmes, taking the lead where appropriate. Take charge of the ward in the absence of the Ward Manager and Deputy Ward Manager. Administer medication, complying with relevant Trust procedures and NMC Guidance. Assess patient's individual care needs, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care. Participate in the development of the service to ensure clinical governance processes are actively implemented at team level. Maintain timely data collection and regular inputting of information through the use of data collection systems eg daily diaries / RiO, Safeguard. Facilitate the discharge or transfer of the client to other services where appropriate. Ensure that practice is evidence-based paying particular attention to the Trusts Guidelines, Policies, Protocols and Pathways. Liaise with and advise patients and carers, local authority, Primary Care teams and other statutory bodies and third sector agencies. Communicate sensitive information to carers and relatives.
- Relish a role where no two days are ever the same?
- Thrive being part of a diverse and dynamic multi-disciplinary team?
- Aspire to achieving the best possible outcomes for patients?
- Are flexible and your approach is person-centred?
- Desire to develop and learn new skills and to use these to improve care to patients?
- Feel confident working in an environment that can, at times, be challenging.
If you wish further information please contact Faith Edensor, Clinical Lead Nurse or Joann Wisehall, Ward Manager on 01785 783133, We look forward to welcoming you to our team.Person SpecificationCommitment of working within the specialist field of Eating Disorders.Essential
Registered Mental Health Nurse on NMC RegisterEssential
- Ability to effectively formulate risk management plans and to evaluate regularly.
- Commitment of working within the specialist field of Eating Disorders.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of clinical / managerial supervision.
- Experience of formulating assessments, planning, co-ordinating and supporting people within a hospital setting.
- Experience of providing care and interventions within mental health settings
- Demonstrate working knowledge / understanding of evidence based practice.
- Ability to assess and evaluate complex mental health conditions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the need for multi-disciplinary working and an ability to work across professional boundaries.
- Ability to use own initiative, to enable contribution to a multi-disciplinary team approach.
- Standard keyboard skills required for inputting onto RiO.
- Flexible approach to meeting the needs of the service.
- Ability to demonstrate the positive application of our behaviours. oRespectful oHonest and Trustworthy oCaring and Compassionate oTaking the time to talk and listen oWorking together and leading by example
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Has experience of working with Eating Disorders within an in-patient setting.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kinver In Patient Unit, St Georges Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.