Opportunity for a Night Nurse Practitioners with minor injury/illness / skills to work at Berwick Infirmary supporting our Minor Injuries Unit until 12 midnight and then to work on the ward supporting the nursing team as senior nurse to the hospitalMain duties of the job
We are looking for an autonomous practitioner who is happy to work independently treating a varied group of patients who may present to our Minor Injuries Unit overnight. The successful candidate is the senior nurse in the hospital at night and has a responsibility to support the night nursing team clinically and professionally overnight as a support to the ward manger.
The successful candidate should have experience with minor injuries and have advanced clinical assessment/ Nurse practitioner experience.
This post can be a training post at B6 if the successful candidate does not have non medical prescribing
We promote a culture of inclusive leadership and are keen to continually develop our staff.About us
We manage three major locality hospitals at North Tyneside, Wansbeck and Hexham, plus a number of smaller community hospitals and clinics from Tynemouth to Berwick on Tweed, in addition to our state-of-the-art Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital, the first of its kind in England. We also care for people in their homes and provide services from facilities in local communities such as health centres. We give people greater choice and control over their care to help them to live independently at home and avoid hospital admission where appropriate. High quality patient care is at the heart of everything we do and we strive to ensure every single patient and service user has an exceptional experience with us. We have one of the most extensive patient experience programmes of any trust in England.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Provide clinical expertise and practice autonomously in the absence of medical cover.
- Provide skilled and knowledgeable care and advice to patients and their carers.
- Complete assessments, planning, implementation and evaluation of direct care to patients.
- Work with all members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Engage with external agencies to provide a high quality service for patients from disease, and their carers.
- Contribute to the development of high quality services within Northumbria Healthcare.
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- 1st Level Registered Nurse
- Diploma/ Degree in nursing/ health studies
- Post Graduate qualification
- Recognised teaching/mentorship qualification
- Nurse Practitioner Qualification
- Specialist area qualifications
- Independent/supplementary nurse prescriber or working towards
- Relevant training related to specialist area
- Evidence of continued professional development
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Well Close Square
Berwick Upon Tweed
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.