We are looking for dynamic mental health nurses with previous inpatient mental health experience who thrive in a fast paced environment.
The successful candidates will be either an existing band 6 or a band 5 that has the right amount, of patient focus, enthusiasm, and hard work ethic that will drive the team forward.Main duties of the job
You will have natural leadership qualities and be ready to act as a passionate advocate for excellent patient care within the wards.
You will benefit from our enhanced supervision, additional training and leadership development programme.
To provide leadership and support to the inpatient nursing team and in the absence of the Clinical Lead, to assume responsibility for the management and co-ordination of the ward and department. To deliver a high standard of care to inpatient services users. To ensure the optimum level of safe and effective care within the allocated resources.About us
We have a Band 6 nursing opportunity within Saxon Suite, which is an acute male mental health ward based at Tameside General Hospital, Ashton Under Lyne.
12 - 18 months experience at Band 5 required for this role.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification to support your application for this post. Please refer to the essential criteria in the person specification which will highlight the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application, by way of example, to give yourself the best opportunity to be shortlisted.Person SpecificationEducation and qualificationEssential
- -First level registration (RMN)
- -Appropriate diploma or equivalent
- -Evidence of Continual Professional development
- -IT Literate
- -Preparation for mentorship
- -Training in prevention and management of violence and aggression
- -Training in psychosocial interventions
- - Experience of working in acute mental health settings
- - Evidence of appropriate clinical and management experience.
- -Experience of working in a range of mental health settings.
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- -Good understanding of Mental Illness.
- -Knowledge of treatments and interventions appropriate for individuals with acute mental health needs
- -Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the Mental Health Act and CPA process.
- -Knowledge of current policy and guidance in relation to the development of Acute Mental Health Services.
- -Understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- -Good verbal and written communication skills, with emphasis on complex and sensitive information
- -Ability to complete the appropriate documentation.
- - Good social skills and have a positive attitude within the team and when dealing with service users, staff, carers, visitors and the public.
- -Ability to analyse and interpret information.
- Ability to plan/organise interventions including ability to organise, plan & deliver care packages within Trust policy guidelines.
- -Ability to manage staffing and resources on a day-to-day basis in the absence of the Clinical Lead.
- -Ability to implement policies and propose changes to existing policies if appropriate.
- -Physical capability to perform nursing duties, including participation in physical intervention training.
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
Tameside General Hospital
Ashton Under Lyne
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.