The key responsibilities of the post(s) are to provide clinical audit leadership and operational management support for the Clinical Audit & Effectiveness Team and facilitating delivery of the Trust Quality Assurance Programmes. The post holder will provide clinical knowledge to support data collection, analysis and reporting for Trust clinical audit projects. In addition, the post holder will collate and report complex data both qualitative and analytical, from a variety of sources including the Trust's patient electronic system. This will include data required for performance reporting to Trust Committees and Groups.Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will need to have a flexible approach to work, demonstrate excellent leadership and team working skills and have a positive developmental approach to service improvement. The post holder will be based at Lanchester Road, Durham but will be required to work across all Trust location sites.
Additional contact details: Pete Hutchinson: firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout us
We are the Mental Health & Learning Disability NHS Trust for County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire, York and Selby.
From education and prevention, to crisis and specialist care --our talented and compassionate teams work in partnership with our patients, communities and partners to help the people of our region feel safe, understood, believed in and cared for.
We nurture the recovery journey of anyone in need of our help. In Our Trust, everyone has a say in how they are supported and treated because we listen to every person in our care until they feel understood. Our patients, their families and carers work together with us towards better mental health.
We're committed to new thinking that improves the wellbeing of our region. We connect with our communities and partners to get mental health care right, in areas that really need it.
We won't rest until everyone in our region has the mental health care they need, to lead their best possible life.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- The Clinical Audit & Effectiveness Lead is responsible for supporting and enhancing the profile of clinical audit and effectiveness within the Trust by:
- Key involvement in the development and delivery of the Trust prioritised Quality Assurance Programmes.
- Providing specialist clinical audit and clinical effectiveness advice, awareness and training (via in house training) to healthcare professionals, with the aim of improving the quality of clinical care for patients.
- Collection, collation and analysis of clinical audit and effectiveness data.
- Communicating clinical audit and effectiveness findings orally and in writing to multidisciplinary audiences.
- Providing supervision and support to the Senior Clinical Audit & Effectiveness Co-ordinator and to the members of the Clinical Audit Team and supporting the Quality Governance Manager (non-clinical).
- Supporting the, to develop and manage the quality of the data collected and reported in Trust Clinical Audit and Quality Assurance Reports.
- Deputising for the Quality Governance Manager (non-clinical).
- Co-ordinating and promoting clinician and service user and carer involvement to ensure robust, quality audits are carried out.
- Promoting at all times a positive image of people with mental health conditions and/or learning disabilities.
- Promoting at all times a positive image of the Clinical Audit & Effectiveness Department and the wider Trust.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Healthcare related degree or comparable experience
- Proven experience working in a clinical audit and/ or clinical effectiveness role or related healthcare role
- Ability to travel independently in accordance with Trust policies and service need.
- This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- Able to use data sampling and data collection methods.
- Data analysis to complete frequencies, distributions and percentages and display these as graphs and charts
- Able to apply systematic decision-making whilst reviewing complex and occasionally conflicting information from a number of sources.
- Able to impart difficult / complex information to a wide audience.
- Capacity to work confidently and competently with complex computerised datasets.
- Advanced level of keyboard skills that include the ability to enter information accurately and quickly.
- Strong project management skills.
- Working to tight deadlines and able to work autonomously.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to plan and execute a number of overlapping projects.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills with the ability to plan ahead to meet tight deadlines without compromising standards.
- Positive attitude and flexible approach to working able to re-organise tasks as appropriate in response to changing demands.
- Able to arrange meetings/ events and co-ordinate attendance.
- Able to communicate clearly and professionally with a wide range of people including hospital staff, clinicians and consultants.
- Able to summarise information whilst retaining meaning
- Good oral communication skills including professional telephone manner and informal and formal presentation skills.
- Able to use tact and diplomacy in communicating information.
- Able to persuade and influence others to contribute in projects.
- Able to work independently whilst remaining a cohesive team member
- Able to complete tasks with good attention to detail and to a high level of accuracy.
- Able to deal confidentially with personal and sensitive information.
- Able to adhere to set guidelines and procedures.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to work in accordance with the Trust Values and Behaviours.
- Committed to continual quality and service improvement.
- Self-aware and committed to continual professional and personal development. Able to accept and respond positively to feedback from supervision.
- Committed to promoting a positive image of people with mental health conditions and learning disabilities
- Committed to promoting a positive image of the Nursing and Governance Directorate and the wider Trust.
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Lanchester Road Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.