An exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled and dynamic Band 6 Mental Health or Learning Disability Practitioner to become part of our developing Individual patient commissioning Service within the Mental health and learning disability directorate.
Role is Part Time - 22.5hrs per week.
Applications would be welcomed from Nurses with experience of working in relevant mental health or learning disability settings.
The post holder will be responsible for providing comprehensive assessments supporting the Continuing Health Care, NHS Funded Nursing Care, and 117 aftercare processes. He/She will work as part of a team, acting as a resource to provide nursing advice in relation to appropriate placement and management.
The post holder will develop and maintain a collaborative approach to the fair application of 117 aftercare, NHS Funded Nursing Care and Continuing Health Care criteria. He/She will encourage joint working and actively work towards improving outcomes for patients via the process, and provide accurate advice and information to Lead Nurse/Co-ordinator, families etc regarding the outcome of the assessment process.Main duties of the job
The post holder will support the service Manager and Commissioning case manager for the designated locality in the future development of the Nursing Team. This will also include the facilitation of integrated working with colleagues in Local Authorities and 3rd sector organisations to support individuals, who may at times bepresenting in crisis. The ability to make balanced decisions and use positive risk taking approaches, whilst managing potentially high pressure situations is an essential part of this role.
The post involves interagency liaison and collaborative working with local Social Services, education, families, independent providers and other agencies, as needed.
The post holder will also be responsible for providing Consultation and training in line with a developing commissioning MH/LD service, within the directorate as well as to outside agencies.
Current provision of service is Monday - Friday, normally 9-5
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Needs relevant NMC Qualification MH/LD
- Evidence of post- registration continuing professional development activity
- Significant experience working at band 5 or above in a mental health or learning disability setting
- Relevant expereience within patient commissioning services
- Clinical assessment and formulation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and manage complex issues and environments.
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Effective performance management skills.
- Presenting to other disciplines.
- Ability to demonstrate sound clinical knowledge and awareness of current evidence base relevant to the area of practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidance of working towards post graduate quSubstantial post registration experience, most recently in a multi-disciplinary assessment service for those with complex needs (Intermediate Care or equivalent). laification.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Ysbyty Cwm Cynon/Royal Glamorgan Hospital
Aberdare, Rhondda, Cynon, Taff
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.