An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join our experienced team of specialist Occupational Therapists within our Integrated Stroke Therapy Team. The successful candidate will be part of a large, busy acute and rehabilitation stroke service located in the Primary Stroke Centre at Stockport NHS Foundation Trust.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, conscientious and adaptable team player. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate an adaptable approach whilst meeting guidelines and stroke standards.
Full training and support will be provided to ensure you are confident to undertake this role. You will be given the opportunity to develop your clinical skills through the delivery of a wide range of evidence based treatments and a robust in service training programme.Main duties of the job
You will rotate across both the acute and rehabilitation stroke wards demonstrating an adaptable approach to assist in the delivery of holistic neuro rehabilitation, whilst meeting a high standard of care set out through the national stroke standards and guidelines. You will supervise band 5 occupational therapists and therapy assistants and participate in the in service training programme.About usWe hold a unique position in the Stockport community as the provider of healthcare and we are one of its largest employers. Our mission is to make a difference every day. Our values are that we care, we respect, and we listen We believe that the best organisations are those that reflect the communities they serve. We are therefore seeking to improve the diversity of our workforce to make it truly representative of our local population. We actively encourage applications irrespective of race, age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage & civil partnership, or pregnancy or maternity. Recognising those communities that are underrepresented within our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from you. We recognise that flexible working is important. We take requests for flexible working seriously and try to work with you, so we can explore if your request may fit with the needs of the service. Return to practice applicants are encouraged. The salary for the role is only one part of the excellent package of benefits we offer to you:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Between 27-33 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- NHS pension scheme membership
- Salary sacrifice schemes for lease cars, home electronics and more, to make your salary go further
- NHS Staff discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary finance - for loans, savings, budget planning and tips on managing debt
- Stockport Credit Union- for local financial advice
- To perform specialist occupational therapy assessment of patients with complex physical and psychological conditions and develop and deliver an individualised treatment programme.
- To be responsible for own caseload in a defined area of the service, including patients with complex needs, working without direct supervision. Access to advice and support from a Senior Physiotherapist is available if required.
- To have an active role in multi-disciplinary team working.
- To be able to plan and carry out realistic treatment programmes appropriate to each patient, using evidence-based practice.
- To provide supervision to junior, support staff and students.
- Undertake evidence-based audit and research projects to further own and teams clinical practise.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and promote safeguarding by implementing the Trusts policies and procedures, acting promptly on concerns, communicating effectively and sharing information appropriately.
If successful this vacancy will require an enhanced DBS check at a cost of �41.90. This cost will be deducted from your first Trust salary
In addition to this it will be a condition of your employment that you will join the DBS update service and pay the annual subscription fee of �13.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- oDiploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- oState Registration with the Health Professions Council.
- oEvidence of continual professional development.
- oFieldwork Education Course.
- oMembership of RCOT
- oBroad knowledge of current best practice in occupational therapy in physical and psychological health.
- oApplication of the Occupational Therapy process with stroke patients.
- oKnowledge of occupational therapy models of practice.
- oKnowledge and application of standardised assessments.
- oUnderstanding of therapy outcome measures.
- oComputer literacy.
- oUp to date in professional practice and stroke guidelines
- oKnowledge of the principles of clinical governance since its application.
- oKnowledge of community/support services and pathways.
- oKnowledge of discharge planning processes.
- oPrevious experience in Stroke as a Band 5 Occupational Therapist.
- oExperience in clinical areas covered by occupational therapy teams.
- oAdvice and support of junior staff, support staff and /or students.
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- oPost registration experience in stroke in a clinical setting.
- oExperience of research or audit.
- oExperience working in the acute hospital and community setting
- oAbility to analyse professional and ethical standards.
- oEffective written and oral communication skills.
- oAbility to work autonomously and set own priorities.
- oAbility to reflect and critically appraise own performance.
- oApplication of health, safety and risk management policies.
- oWillingness to participate in appraisal/ supervision.
- oGood interpersonal skills.
- oAbility to build effective working relationships.
- oPositive attitude towards people with disability.
- oAbility to work collaboratively within the integrated therapy team and multi-disciplinary team.
- oTraining and facilitation skills.
Work Related CircumstancesEssential
- oBasic splinting skills.
- oPresentation skills.
- oBasic understanding of Mental Capacity Assessments
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oFlexible approach to work.
- oAbility to move and handle patients.
- oAble to remain professional, calm and polite under pressure
Stockport NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.