We are seeking to appoint a Community Staff Nurse to work as part of our nursing team to ensure that we continue to deliver outstanding patient care within the patients home overnight. You will also support our team of Nursing Assistants to ensure seamless delivery of high quality patient care. You will work 20.45-07.15 over 10 hoursMain duties of the job
The community staff nurse plays a key role in supporting patients to remain in their own home overnight by providing quality care. The community staff nurse also provides support to families/carers overnight during different crisis situations ie, blocked catheters and palliative care support. You will be a registered staff nurse and have excellent assessment, planning and evaluation skills in order to ensure that patient care is timely and appropriate. This is a fast paced role requiring safe and effective clinical decision making, so you must be able to think on your feet, problem solve issues that arise overnight and juggle conflicting priorities. You must be able to motivate others in challenging times and utilise the resources available to you effectively.About usWorking for Leeds community Healthcare NHS Trust Who are we?
Leeds Community Healthcare provides a range of community-based health services across the whole city. We treat people in their homes, local health centres and community hospitals, and work in partnership with other local Trusts, charities and Leeds City Council.
We have a strong culture based on deeply-held values, and our focus at all times is on delivering high quality care to the people of Leeds. In our most recent CQC evaluation, we were rated Good, with our Adult Services rated Outstanding for caring.
Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust encourages and supports staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best lines of defence against Covid 19. Perks of the job
Our benefits range from generous annual leave to access to NHS discount sites. Here are some of the most important ones:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- 27-33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Highly regarded NHS Pension Scheme
- A supportive, structured preceptorship programme for all registered new starters
- Professional development opportunities including coaching, training and education support
- Salary sacrifice or lease car schemes
- Health and wellbeing including gym membership, occupational health service and priority access to mental health services
The Community Neighbourhood Nursing Night Service operates over a 24 hour period, providing holistic high quality domiciliary nursing care to patients registered with a Leeds General Practitioner. The service delivers care overnight as part of the Health and Social Care Team within each Neighbourhood. The service operates from 21.00 to 07.30.
The service aims to reduce hospitalisation and promote discharges through robust multi-disciplinary working with internal services, external services / organisations and the third sector. The service supports palliative care patients to die in their preferred place of care.
The key working relationships include the Neighbourhood Teams Clinical Leads, Joint Care Management, external agency providers, Marie Curie, Commissioners and Administrative Staff.Key Responsibilities:1. Clinical
1.1. Demonstrates a broad theoretical and practical knowledge of common aetiologies, pathologies, conditions and presentations
1.2. Demonstrates the ability to apply theory to practice at a proficient level when assessing, planning, treating and reviewing using a holistic philosophy
1.3. Highly developed physical skills in order to demonstrate accuracy and dexterity when delivering care and treatments essential to clinical role e.g. preparation of medications, manipulation of equipment
1.4. Makes judgements requiring analysis, interpretation and comparison of options and ensures clinical reasoning is reflected accurately in case records
1.5. Engages and actively involves the individual and, if appropriate, their family/carer, in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of treatment and/or care by using person-centred techniques to promote a culture of involvement and empowerment
1.6. Works to standards of proficiency identified by their professional and regulatory bodies performing clinical treatments/procedures to a competent standard
1.7. Prioritises their own workload within agreed objectives deciding when to refer to others as appropriate.
1.8. Approaches each individual with care, compassion and sensitivity ensuring that these values are reflected in the management of any complaints and compliments
1.9. Provides and receives complex, sensitive or contentious information where motivational, persuasive, empathetic, negotiating and reassurance skills are required whilst demonstrating an understanding of barriers to communication.
1.10. To comply with the organisations Infection Prevention and Control requirements, including bare below the elbows dress code for staff with a direct care delivery role.2. Leadership
2.1. Ensures that a professional service and image is maintained at all time, thereby acting as a role model to all staff
2.2. Provides a leadership style which is underpinned by strongly held values around equality, diversity and openness effectively builds and maintains relationships with direct reportee(s) and other key individuals across the organisation.
2.3. Ensures the effective and efficient use of resources within their own sphere of responsibility.
2.4. Demonstrates clinical leadership in everyday practice through identifying creative and innovative solutions, engaging in leadership development appropriate to level and encouraging development as part of the team.
2.5. In the absence of senior clinicians, the post holder will be able to delegate, organise and prioritise to ensure the safe delivery of the service including the management of referrals and discharges utilising locally agreed support mechanisms e.g. on call manager
2.6. Demonstrates resilience when responding to challenge, change and complex or difficult situations
2.7. Inspires others to be positive in their support of continuous improvement.
2.8. Ensures that individual objectives are clearly defined within the wider Directorate framework and in line with Trusts objectives, using the appraisal process as a vehicle for this.
2.9. Takes responsibility for their own and others health and safety in the working environment.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professional degree or diploma in relevant field
- Appropriate statutory professional body registration
- Must be willing to participate in any relevant training identified to develop skills required to carry out duties
- Maintains a portfolio of CPD in line with regulatory body standards
- Supporting Learning in Practice (SLIP) or equivalent
- Pre-registration experience in the clinical field or a closely related clinical area
- Working as part of a wider multidisciplinary team
Skills and AttributesEssential
- Working in community or primary care based teams
- Experience of facilitating clinical supervision
- Theoretical and clinical knowledge appropriate to service area and profession
- Knowledge of relevant current issues in health and social care
- Knowledge of Standards of Conduct
- Demonstrates awareness of limits to knowledge base
- Basic understanding of clinical governance and quality measures
- Assessment, planning and evaluation skills
- Performs test / procedures / diagnostics relevant to clinical role proficiently
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Workload management including delegation of tasks
- Competent IT skills e.g. word processing, email in order to maintain electronic patient records
- Effective verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills including communicating complex or potentially distressing information to patients / carers
- Risk assessment skills
- Reflective practice skills
- Able to research, understand and evaluate evidence in order to contribute to practice development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in research and/or clinical audit
Leeds Community Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Killingbeck Office Village
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.