This is an exciting opportunity for those who have gained a Foundation Degree in Health Studies to Top-Up to a full Degree course, to become a Registered Nurse at the James Paget University Hospital.
The Nurse Degree Apprenticeship Top-up course is a 25 month education programme, working towards becoming a Registered Nurse with a BSc Hons degree. The course combines work-based and academic learning between The Employer/Trust and a Higher Education Institute (HEI) who is a Registered Apprenticeship Training Provider and approved to deliver Nursing and Midwifery Council approved programmes. INTERVIEWS WILL BE TAKING PLACE W/C 2ND OCTOBER 2023. Main duties of the job
As a Nurse Degree Apprentice you will be employed and paid by the James Paget University Hospital for the duration of the course. You will be allocated to one specific area, but will also experience working across both internal and external placements to gain an appreciation of the different areas of local healthcare service and meet the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) requirements.
You will have an apprenticeship agreement approved by your employer, your education provider and yourself, and you will be required to achieve the standards as set out by the NMC, HEI and the Institute of Apprenticeships. On completion of the apprenticeship, you will join the Nursing and Midwifery Council Register as a Registered Nurse.
Salary will be based on levels of previous experience within a care environment. The minimum
starting pay point will be 70% of top of Band 5 (�23,053.80) however, please contact Joe Peek (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to discuss your individual circumstances further.
This vacancy will be closed early if sufficient applications are made. About us
The James Paget University Hospital is a vibrant university hospital providing the best possible care to the people of east Norfolk and north Suffolk. We are situated on the coast with several beautiful beaches and the Broads National Park on the doorstep, and we are within commuting distance of Norwich city centre.
Personal and professional development is key within the James Paget University Hospital
Development of self: We will support you in achieving your career goals, through our well-structured supervision and appraisal system.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
During the education programme you will develop skills and knowledge that will allow you to work in todays dynamic and changing healthcare environment. You will be required to commit to self-directed study and successfully complete the education programme within the contract period.
Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Applications are welcomed from those aged 18 years or over
- The 25-month Nurse Degree Apprentice is a paid member of staff, working within the Trust, you will be allocated set time to attend academic study and placements
- Individuals must have Level 5 Foundation degree (e.g. NA/AP) and have proof of completion in the form of their certificates in order to be considered for shortlisting.
- Individuals must hold a Foundation Degree in a relevant subject for example, health, care, mental health or equivalent.
- Individuals must hold Numeracy & Literacy, GCSEs grade C/4 OR Functional Skills Level
- Foundation Degree Level 5 Qualification and completed End Point Assessment of Apprenticeship (certificates of completion required).
- Literacy (Functional Skills Level 2 equivalent e.g. GCSE Grade C or above in English)
- Care Certificate
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Evidence of continuing professional and personal development
- Health and Social care experience including volunteering
- Attained an overall average of 55% across their previous studies
Skills, abilities and competenciesEssential
- Demonstrate an involvement in Healthcare or project work
- Supervision of non registered staff and other learners
- Demonstrate a knowledge of current issues related to the NHS
- Commitment to undergo training as required to complete programme
- Demonstrate an insight into the role
- Demonstrate basic IT skills
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communitcation skills
- Ability to work as an affective member of a team
- Evidence of moving and handling Training
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritise workload
- Demonstrate an ability to supervise and support other learners
- Demonstrate effective time management skills
- Demonstrate effective resource management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Courteous and Respectful
- Kind and Helpful
- Responsive Communication
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
James Paget University Hospital Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.