The post holder will coordinate the transparent deployment of clinical staff to deliver resilient clinical services, whilst accommodating planned leave, responding to unplanned leave and supporting clinical staff with accurate and timely clinic set and withdrawal. This fast-paced clinical focussed role is is key to ensuring clinics run efficiently and patients receive the best care and time sensitive treatment.
The Weston Park Cancer Centre is the leading Cancer Centre in the Northeast of England, with its clinicians' providing a non-surgical oncology service to the populations of Barnsley, Chesterfield, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield. As well as patients from further afield.
The admin and clerical service within Weston Park is currently undergoing a cycle of improvement meaning you can also contribute to innovations underway and bring your ideas to the creative improvement space.Main duties of the job
To lead and deliver, through a team of staff, the appointment, rotation, induction, and transparent deployment of clinical staff to deliver resilient clinical services.
To coordinate processes for planned leave and unplanned leave.
To maintain an up-to-date electronic rota of clinical activities and room allocations.
To support clinical staff with accurate and timely set and withdrawal of clinics and payment for extra contractual activity.
To support the Clinical Director with preparation for and actions arising from job planning meetings and timetable shadowing clinicians.About us
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes commitments to professional development but also many policies to support employees in balancing their personal and professional lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post. When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Knowledge of the full range of administrative policies and procedures, acquired through training and relevant experience to degree level or equivalent
- OCRIII word processing or equivalent
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Relevant vocational management and leadership qualifications or training courses demonstrating a proven track of record of commitment to learning and development.
- Ability to create standard operating procedures and hold staff to account for compliance against them.
- Ability to communicate sensitive and/or complex information, clearly and effectively with staff at any level, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to produce brief reports including numerical information
- Ability to prioritise effectively, including when working to tight deadlines
- Competent to interpret basic numerical information
- Demonstration of confident skills using Microsoft Office packages, including Word & Excel
- Ability to keep accurate and appropriate staff records
- Relevant experience working within health services in either a secretarial or clerical capacity
- Experience of leading a team, including allocation/monitoring of ongoing workload
- Experience of staff management
- Experience of using computerised information systems and Patient Administration Systems
- Experience of managing a rota
- Experience of managing planned and unplanned leave
- Experience of chairing team meetings
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to lead and motivate a team and provide/monitor ongoing workload
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict and to minimise its escalation
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to be flexible when task priorities need to be amended
- Ability to remain level-headed in a fast-paced environment
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Weston Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.