This is a fixed term/secondment vacancy until 29/12/2024.If you are a Hywel Dda University Health Board employee and are applying for this post as a secondment, agreement for the secondment is needed from your current manager prior to application.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Carmarthenshire Food Network to embed evidenced based nutrition information and practical skills to support population health. We are looking for an experienced dietitian to join the Health Improvement team to deliver public health initiatives as part of the Nutrition Skills for Life Programme. You will have a pivotal role in working with key partners to build the capacity of communities to support healthy lifestyles and deliver evidenced based public health nutrition initiatives. Co-production, partnership working and collaboration will be key principals underpinning the ways of working.
You will have a passion for working in public health dietetics focussing on population health and applying the principals of the Well-being Future Generations Act to your role. You will have experience of group education and will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills with a forward-thinking approach to service development.
This is currently a 0.8WTE fixed term position until December 2024 with the possibility of additional funding.
Being able to travel around the Hywel Dda University Health board area in a timely manner is vital for this role.Main duties of the job
To deliver Nutrition Skills for Life programmes and quality assurance working with the Carmarthenshire area. This includes implementing, delivering and evaluating accredited and non-accredited training, supporting the delivery of skill based nutrition courses, supervising support and assistant team members, and developing partnerships through the Carmarthenshire Food Network and wider. The role will involve working with a wide range of partners and juggling a number of competing priorities therefore excellent time management and organisational skills are essential.
The successful applicant will join an established Health Improvement Dietetic team comprising of health improvement dietitians, a community nutrition practitioner and administrative support with links with other dietetic teams in the health board and other key partners specifically through the Carmarthenshire Food Partnership. This role is to support delivery in Carmarthenshire with the expectation to provide services across other parts of the health board depending on service need and cover requirements.
You will also be involved in service development, quality improvement and dietetic student training. About us
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest
Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire
48 general practices (five of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres
Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services
Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full job description and person specification attached within the supporting documents.
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Interviews will be held on 17/10/2023.Person SpecificationQualifications & KnowledgeEssential
- Evidence of current HCPC registration.
- Degree, or post graduate qualification in dietetics leading to registration.
- Member of the British Dietetic Association or covered by professional indemnity insurance.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of, and ability to apply, evidence base in relation to dietetic practice and development of practice.
- Critical appraisal skills: knowledge of current and emerging evidence base, national and professional policy, guidance and best practice in the delivery and development of broad spectrum of adult dietetics
- Well established clinical problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates effective organisational skills including prioritisation of workload, effective caseload management and delegation of tasks
- Well established teaching and presentation skills.
- Membership of relevant specialist interest groups.
- Attendance at relevant accredited courses/conferences.
- Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene or working towards this.
- Agored Cymru Assessor training.
- Level 3 Accrediation in education and training.
- Demonstratable and considerable experience in clinical dietetics.
- Experience of teaching health care professionals and staff of other organisations.
- Evidence of involvement in development work in dietetic services e.g. audit, implementing a change in practice, delivering a new dietetic intervention
- Experience of clinical audit, evaluation and service improvement.
Language SkillsDesirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of delivering Agored Cymru accredited training.
- Experience of paediatric dietetics
- Experience of public health dietetics.
- Experience of adult teaching using a range of teaching methods.
- Experience of delivering practical skill based education e.g. cooking sessions.
- Experience of delegating work to and supporting / supervising D.A. / students / junior dietetic staff.
- Experience of service change.
- Experience of research.
- Experience of delivering project work using recognised service improvement methodology
Hywel Dda University Health BoardAddress
Glangwili General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.