We are looking for a Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Clinical Lead to support the MSK physiotherapyteam in West Kent.
Your main responsibilities will include managing a complex clinical caseload of musculoskeletal patients as an autonomous practitioner, developing and maintaining a high level of skill andknowledge in all areas of clinical practice.
Actively participating in the education and training of staff and students, taking a lead role in theorganization, implementation and evaluation of In-Service Training programme.
The job will likelyinvolve some virtual working both in management and clinical capacity either from a base or fromhome.The role is split in a clinical ratio 70% / 30% non-clinical
You will be able to consolidate and build on your skills with regular in-service training, clinical supervision and allocated personal CPD time there are also Trust-wide Clinical Special InterestGroups available. We have an established appraisal system to actively support your ContinuedProfessional Development.
You will be required to travel across Trust sites in a timely manner. This role is based between Sevenoaks Hospital and Tonbridge Cottage Hospital. However, as part of the leadership team youwill be expected to work in different locations in West Kent and, ad hoc throughout Kent as theservice demands.Main duties of the job
Important information for all applicants: Please be aware that this advert will close if enough adequate applications have been received. Please keep all supporting information under 1000 words. Applications longer than 1000 words may not be read, any information included over the 1000 word limit will be discounted.
o To manage a complex clinical caseload of musculoskeletal patients as an autonomouspractitionero To provide specialist clinical advice to staff within musculoskeletal physiotherapy services,working closely with Team Leaderso To develop and maintain a high level of skill and knowledge in a designated specialist area ofclinical practiceo To work with the Team Leaders to ensure the attainment and maintenance of high clinicalstandards based on best evidence and with regard to NICE guidanceo To actively participate in the education and training of staff and students, taking a lead role inthe organization, implementation and evaluation of In Service Training programmeso To participate in evidence-based projects, research and audit under the guidance of the SeniorClinical Leado To be actively involved in the running and future service development and out patient groupsessions as provided by the service e.g. Back rehabilitation Class, ESCAPE knee class, shoulderclass.
Additional Working Pattern:
Full time is preferred. Part time may be considered for the right candidateAbout us
One of the largest community NHS trusts in the UK, KCHFT are rated 'outstanding' by the CQC. We've got a passion for delivering high standards of care to patients and deliver excellent services to improve the health of our communities. To do this we need outstanding people who share our values C
We're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, which leads to better patient care and a happier workforce. So, all our colleagues have equal access to career opportunities.
We've signed up to be a real UK living wage employer. The real Living Wage is the only UK wage rate voluntarily paid by 7,000+ UK businesses who believe their staff deserve a fair wage. Committing to the real UK Living Wage is one way we're delivering our pledge to be the best employer
Flexibility is another way we do this. In the NHS, we're reminded every day how important life is. As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want you to be able to work in a way that is best for us, for our patients and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement without having to sacrifice time for personal interests or family commitments. We'll support you to work flexibly in a way that will suits us both
Looking for professional development? We can support that too! Our career pathways will help you achieve your aspirationsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The job description and person specification gives you all the information you need about this role. Please look carefully at the criteria in the person specification and tell us what you have done that shows you meet this.
Still have questions? The recruiting manager would love to hear from you, their contact details can be found in the job advert.
We can get a lot of applications for some roles so to be in with the best chance of being shortlisted please make sure you apply as soon as possible. A vacancy may close early if there is a lot of interest in the job.
If you need an application form in an alternative format please let our recruitment team know so they can help you with this.
All information you supply on your application should, to the best of your knowledge, be true and accurate. Interviews are due to take place on the 18th October 2023
Find out more about the community difference here.
Good luck! We cant wait to meet you and welcome you to #teamKCHFT, #cometocommunity
Although vaccination against COVID-19 is not mandatory, we are strongly encouraging colleagues in clinical and non-clinical roles who have direct or social contact with patients to be fully vaccinated. In this way we will be doing all we can to ensure your safety and that of your colleagues and the patients we serve.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree or Diploma in Physiotherapy Professional Registration with the Health Professions Council Evidence of continued professional development appropriate to role Evidence of postgraduate education in specialist clinical area Broad range of musculoskeletal outpatient experience.
- Membership of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy Membership of appropriate Special Interest Group(s) Masters level in relevant area or willingness to work towards. Accreditation for Clinical education
- Previous experience working at Band 6/7 within Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Experience of supervising, teaching and appraising staff/students Experience working as a clinical educator Experience of participation in audit Experience of managing complaints Knowledge and experience of quality issues, clinical governance and outcome measures Experience in implementing change of clinical practice or process
- Experience of working in both acute and community settings NHS experience
- Knowledge of the NHS and of the structure, roles and responsibilities of outside agencies e.g. Social Services Research awareness. Understanding of relevant legislation. Knowledge of up to date clinical practice and current issues relating to profession
SKILLS & ABILITIESEssential
- Understanding of multi-disciplinary working and inter-professional relationships
- Exercise prescription and manual handling skills High level of written and oral communication skills and documentation skills Good Prioritisation and organisational skills Competent IT skills Work flexibly as part of the team and independently using on own initiative Ability to work in challenging environments Problem solving Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality Ability to travel between sites in a timely manner
- Competent presentation skills
ABILITY TO MANAGEEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Car owner/ driver subject to the provisions of 2010 Equality Act Friendly and approachable Flexibility Ability to work under pressure Reliable Trustworthy Empathetic Good listener Team Player Organised
Kent Community Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.