SFT is a busy site in the wider Dorset and Wiltshire (DWVN) Vascular Network the main site being Bournemouth Hospital. SDH provides a comprehensive outpatient vascular service compromising of general vascular, complex leg ulcer clinics a mixture of nurse led one stop aortic aneurysms,multi professional and medical clinics claudication services,venous disease and aortic and graft surveillance lymphodema,lipidodema,pre-operative assessment, management of angiography day case patients, and supports inpatient review of vascular patients who may require urgent transfer to the arterial site in Bournemouth(UHD).
The successful CNS will be required to be autonomous inside their scope of practice and accountable for their patient workload with the support of the MDT, responsible for managing practice, using an enhanced level of professional accountability, autonomy, and judgement for highly complex decision-making across a discrete aspect of patient care within the vascular service. The successful candidate will be expected to utilise enhanced clinical knowledge and skills, underpinned by theory and experience, to holistically assess patients with often complex conditions, using a range of methods across the specialist service.Main duties of the job
The post holder is expected to be able to:
- Hold sole responsibility for a range of duties relevant to the post
- Work with minimal supervision, clinically examining and assessing patients and initiating any appropriate action for a distinct caseload of patients.
- Make independent, autonomous clinical decisions relating to patient condition and treatment/care. May require some supervision and will be expected to obtain support from senior members of staff to make decisions, which may be outside scope of clinical knowledge.
- Assume responsibility for the day to day management of the vascular service at SDH and work autonomously in the absence of a consultant, contacting for relevant support as necessary .
- Exercise significant discretion in the delivery of the role, guided by policies and procedures and implementing appropriate action to achieve expected results.
- Through a robust training programme develop competencies to assess and treat patients with varicose veins
- Plan and manage the care of patients within current level of expertise, working in partnership with others, delegating and referring as appropriate, to optimise health outcomes, as well as providing direct support to patients and carers. Forming part of the multidisciplinary team and attending the local MDT and network governance meetings.
Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust (SFT) is an innovative hospital with a proud heritage and over 250 years of experience behind us. Here we're driven to deliver an outstanding experience for everyone and have been well regarded for the quality of care and treatment we continue to provide for our patients and also our staff.
We are an acute Trust, rated Good by the CQC, with a track record of high performance providing regional and super regional specialist services such as: Burns, Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery, Wessex Regional Genetics Laboratory, Wessex Rehabilitation, Spires Cleft Centre and the Duke of Cornwall Spinal Treatment Centre. We have about 470 beds and employ over 4000 staff.
We support flexible working and will consider requests taking into account the needs of the service. We think working here is pretty rewarding. You can access a range of NHS discounts, receive a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme. On-site benefits include car parking (fee applies), leisure centre, day nursery and holiday play scheme.
Salisbury is an attractive place to live and work and really gives you the best of everything. With easy access to London and local airports, the city of Southampton is only a short train or car journey away or if you prefer the sea, Bournemouth is also accessible. Don't just take our word for it, why not explore what Salisbury has to offer by visiting www.experiencesalisbury.co.ukJob descriptionJob responsibilities
See the job description for details of the role and full responsibilities and for the personal specificationPerson SpecificationeEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The post holder will be a first level registered nurse with a Diploma, Advanced Diploma or degree in Nursing and/or evidence of continuing professional development equivalent to a post graduate diploma level.
- To have at least 2 years as a band 6, or above Vascular CNS
- Evidence of continuing professional development in specialist area of Nursing
Salisbury NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.