Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Main duties of the job
An exciting opportunity for the post of team leader has become available within Central Admissions at Enfield Civic Centre. The post holder will lead a team of Waiting List Coordinators and administrative staff to facilitate the smooth progress of the patient journey from DTA to discharge. They will be expected to lead by example and ensure that all Admissions staff work as a team towards this common goal.
The post holder is for 1 WTE working hours Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00 or 09:30/17:30 to be discussed an interview Key responsibilities
- Supervise, lead and manage administrative staff within the service to ensure productivity and quality standards are met
- Liaise with other Trust operational and clinical staff to ensure that their team is providing an effective service
- Ensure that Admissions staff are patient-focussed and provide a professional service on behalf of the Trust
- Act as process and systems specialist for the team, ensuring that they have the skills and knowledge to manage waiting lists and book operating theatre lists in accordance with Trust policies and procedures
- Manage staff rotas and staffing levels to ensure that a satisfactory level of service is provided to patients and Services during Admissions opening hours
- Support the governance arrangements within the directorate including audit, complaints, incidents, risk and health and safety.
- Represent the Assistant Service/ Service Manager as required.
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A& E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow linkhttps://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Person SpecificationSkills and KnowledgeEssential
- In-depth understanding of national NHS policy and targets including thorough knowledge of the 18 week and cancer pathway targets.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- In-depth knowledge of Cerner / hospital IT systems/word processing/Microsoft office suite
- Understanding of the requirements regarding patient confidentiality
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Coaching skills
- Change management skills and ability to implement change
- Educated to A level standard (or equivalent) English and Maths at GCSE level (or equivalent)
- Evidence of continuing personal development
- English and Maths at GCSE level (or equivalent)
- Customer Services passport (or equivalent)
- Leadership qualification
- Previous experience of working with the public and/or patients in a healthcare environment
- Previous administrative and organisational experience
- Experience of waiting list management and surgical theatre booking
- Experience of managing and prioritising own workload and working to deadlines
- Experience of dealing with non-routine and complex problems
Aptitudes & personal characterEssential
- Experience of leading a team in customer service environment
- Experience of working with senior clinicians and managers
- Experience of drawing up staff rosters
- Experience of working within an allocated budget
Royal Free World Class ValuesEssential
- Positive and motivated
- Proactive with a logical, analytical approach to work and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative to prioritise tasks to maintain service levels within available resources
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work on own in pursuit of team objectives
- Ability to negotiate with and influence staff at all levels and manage conflict
- Excellent customer care manner polite, sympathetic, patient and diplomatic
- Ability to confidently interact and share knowledge with staff at all levels
- Ability to learn and assimilate information quickly
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in all circumstances
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values
Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Enfield Civic Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.