We have a rare and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated and dynamic Band 5 staff nurse to join our specialist cardiac and stroke team.
The Cardiac and Stroke Receiving Unit (CSRU) was established in 2012 and is an unique emergency service for patients with acute cardiac and stroke symptoms in Buckinghamshire. This includes 24hr thrombolysis treatment for strokes and Monday to Friday PPCI service.Main duties of the job
About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
- Acts at all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct, and within the principles of the scope of Professional Practice and ensures other members of the team also work within these.
- Maintain professional working relationships with all members of the cardiac team and effectively contribute to the team's continual development.
- Provide nursing assistance to the Medical Team during procedures and investigations
- Undertakes the nursing assessment of the patient including risk assessments e.g. Tissue viability, moving and handling and nutritionDevise a plan of nursing care based in the nursing assessment, taking into account the medical prescription
- Ensures planned nursing care is delivered safely and effectively taking into account the views of the patient and their relatives. Advise on health promotion and the prevention of illness.
- Ensures plans of care for patients are written and updated as appropriate.
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families
Please be aware of the government proposal to make Covid -19 vaccination a condition of deployment in patient facing healthcare roles from April 2022.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on email@example.com quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAININGEssential
- Good general education
- Registered Nurse (General)
- ENB 998/371 or equivalent
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGEEssential EXPERIENCEEssential
- Evidence of further continued professional development
- First Line Management Course
- Experience of teaching students, HCA's and qualified staff
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Specialist requirements
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience as shift/team leader
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.