We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Capital Projects Manager to join our highly skilled projects team. You will support the team by leading in the delivery of a variety of projects across the Trust.
As a capital projects team, we lead on the delivery of clinical and non-clinical refurbishment and new build projects across the Trust. We do this through providing support and guidance to key project stakeholders in delivering their requirements for strategic change across all sites and through all project stages, understanding their requirements and developing these into exceptional built facilities for healthcare.
We seek to continuously improve our project delivery service through team experience, feedback, learning, and being open to innovative and effective solutions to project delivery, while providing exceptional customer focussed service and support. We are dedicated to being an outstanding place to work and will work with you to get the best experience. We know flexible working is not a one size fits all and will mean something different to everyone. We are inclusive, so if you are interested in flexible working, please speak to the recruiting manager.Main duties of the job
The Capital Project Manager will, using their knowledge, skills and experience, deliver projects across all project stages at all Trust sites, engaging with and supporting internal and external stakeholders in the delivery of the projects.
You will lead design teams, the financial and programme management of projects, advising and supporting in funding and other approvals and take responsibility for leading projects to handover and operational completion.
You will ensure all project processes are followed, establish and oversee efficient project administrative systems aligning with all Trust policies and procedures so that we can deliver a compliant and professional project delivery service for the Trust. A strong customer service attitude and collaborative approach is key.
In return, we will develop your skills, knowledge and experience with formal and on-the-job training as mutually identified.
Your primary base will be Canary Wharf. However, you will be required to be based at other Trust sites and there is also flexibility for you to work from home where appropriate.About us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together.
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as they are underrepresented within Barts Health at this band.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s below.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- oExperience of construction/built environment project implementation from both in-house design and project management of consultant design teams, including experience in conversion, refurbishment, and new build schemes
- oExperience of managing large capital projects to successful conclusion to cost and time.
- oExperience of working in a multi-disciplinary project management environment
- oExperience of standard forms of contract and budgetary control in the public sector
- Project experience within the healthcare environment.
- oAbility to develop and manage complex project programmes.
- oAbility to establish respected, trusted, and constructive relationships across agencies and professional groups.
- oAn understanding of structured delivery methodologies and demonstrate the ability to use these in the successful delivery of projects.
- oAbility to lead and effectively resolve conflict to achieve objectives to cost and time.
- oGood all-round technical knowledge of construction and engineering project delivery.
- oSound knowledge of minor, intermediate and standard forms of contract, legislation, and budgetary control
- oAn excellent working knowledge of the financial management of capital projects, including management of change
- oKnowledge and understanding of interpreting programme planning tools
- oDetailed knowledge of statutory project requirements, including the CDM Regulations and other HSE directives.
- oA first degree in construction, engineering, building surveying or other built environment specialism, such as building services.
- oEvidence of CPD and a commitment to ongoing learning.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oMember of a relevant Chartered Institute or aiming towards membership
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.