An opportunity has arisen in CYP Nursing Service for a Clinical Service Lead. We are looking for an experienced children's nurse to provide clinical and operational leadership to an integrated service providing support to CYP in their own homes, school settings and respite provision. If you can demonstrate excellent leadership skills, have a calm temperament who works well under pressure and have the ability to drive services, and are good at problem solving this could be the job for you.
The post will combine clinical leadership and operational management. You will have significant experience working with CYP with complex health needs including in community settings. Team leadership or staffing management experience is essential with a good working knowledge of usual HR processes and responsibilities, finance and budgeting, service activity and performance.
Priority work streams will include developing services as CYP become more complex and how the skills and roles of staff will develop to meet those needs. Experience in management of change, service development and driving new initiatives will be important for this role. In return you will be supported by a Children's Services MDT, supervision and mentorship from senior colleagues and the opportunity to work in a service that prides itself on their passion for children's nursing and the CYP and their families we support.Main duties of the job
The CYP Community Nursing Service provides specialist nursing care to children in their own home, schools and respite settings. It cares for children and young people with medical complexity from 0-19. It is often a long-term conditions service and includes palliative care services and end of life care. The service is made up of 3 teams. Special School Nursing, Community Children's Nursing and The Birches Respite team. The ethos of the service is to provide an integrated service as the CYP supported are often access all the settings the services provide. To support this work the service has a clinical education team, Clinical Leads Clinical Nurse specialists as well as non clinical roles that support operational delivery.
Responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the services.
The postholder will have clinical accountability and governance across the services
This is an exciting time for the development of Children's services as more medically complex children are cared for in the community. The post will contribute to services responses to key local and national policy drivers, programmes and initiatives for children and families and support business development of CYP Community Nursing Services.
Contact with Head of Service Louise Bridges prior to application is welcomed.About us
At Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT), we deliver a wide range of physical, mental health, learning disability and autism services, and are proud to serve communities across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond.
We put 'people at our heart' this ethos is at the centre of everything we do and how we do it. We care for our staff and colleagues as much as they care for others and offer a wide range of benefits and development opportunities.
- generous annual leave entitlement which increases during your time with us
- excellent learning and development opportunities, including apprenticeship frameworks, distance learning, internal training, coaching and mentoring, and much more
- salary sacrifice schemes for lease car/ vehicle, Cycle to Work, home and electronics, gym membership and more
- discounts with a range of retailers, restaurants and entertainment venues through our Employee Assistance Programme and NHS discount schemes
- wellbeing support, including an in-house counselling service, external helpline and more
- staff networks and support groups
We're always on the lookout for people who share our passion for improving the lives and wellbeing of people in our community, as well as our values of compassion, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
Registered Childrens nurse or LD/ Adult registered nurse who can demonstrate significant experience working with CYP with complex physical health needs.
Professional knowledge acquired through degree supplemented by masters level specialist training, management qualification or equivalent and experience.
Significant experience managing teams/ staff.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLSEssential
- Registered Children's Nurse or Registered LD, adult or mental health Nurse with significant experience working with CYP with complex physical health needs
- Conflict resolution skills
- Strong understanding of national policy in relation to services for children and young people
- Ability to develop and implement innovative solutions, to problem solve and respond to sudden unexpected demands
- Demonstrable capability to plan over short, medium and long-term timeframes and adjust plans and resource requirements accordingly
- Significant experience working with CYP with complex physical health needs in a variety of settings including Community Children's nursing
- Evidence of delivering successful change within a service context, using a range of effective influencing, negotiation, facilitation and process skills
- Experience of process and service redesign experience of implementing new pathways of care
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work throughout the CWPT geography as required for specific projects or CWPT wide developments
- Car owner/driver, or suitable alternative transport to enable you to undertake the job - and be prepared to be insured for business use. (It is unlikely that public transport will meet this requirement). If necessary, adjustments can be considered in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.