An opportunity has opened up at Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust (SFT) for a Highly Specialist, BSE-accredited Echo Cardiac Physiologist to join our team. This role would be ideal for a physiologist looking to take the next step in their career or who is already established at this level but would like a new challenge.
The Cardiac Investigation Unit (CIU) has recently relocated to a larger, refurbished department which has afforded us with new clinic rooms (including 2 dedicated echo & 2 multifunction echo rooms), admin spaces and staff areas.
We have recently added a Philips Affiniti and a Philips EPIQ to our echo modality portfolio which now comprises of 4x EPIQ, 1x Affiniti and 1x CX50. The CX50 is shortly due to be replaced by a Philips Compact 5500. All our echo rooms comply to BSE standards, with each additionally having height adjustable reporting desks for ergonomic adjustment. We allot 50 minute slots per TTE, going out to 1 hour for training scans.
At SFT we have an excellent track record of supporting continuing professional development (including professional exams) and further academic study. We also seek to have representation at national and regional meetings. Furthermore SFT plans to pursue departmental BSE accreditation in the near future.
SFT is keen to support flexible working options.
We would advise contacting us for an informal chat, and we can arrange a visit if you would like.Main duties of the job
At SFT we perform transthoracic echocardiography with physiologist-led stress (exercise) echo and bubble studies. We also participate in stress (pharmacological) echo, contrast echo and TOE. In the future we hope to perform all echocardiography within the CIU department.
The post holder would be required to provide support to another area of the CIU service, be that non-invasive, PCI or CRM, and this would be agreed with the individual based on past experience and service need.
At SFT we perform coronary angiography and intervention, providing a Primary PCI service during normal hours. There is also a full non-invasive service including exercise testing (including alongside Radiology for perfusion scanning), tilt testing ambulatory monitoring and ECG. We also have a full CRM service which includes pacemakers, ICDs (including S-ICD), CRTs, conduction system pacing and ILRs.
At this level you would be expected to participate in aspects of service management including quality assurance, service planning, workforce planning, appraisal, and daily supervision, in support of the Lead Echocardiographer and Head of CIU.About us
We are a well-established acute Trust with a track record of high performance and provide a broad range of services for the populations served by Wiltshire, Dorset and West Hampshire CCG'S, alongside highly regarded specialist services with excellent clinical networks both locally and nationally. We have about 470 beds and employ over 4,000 staff. We offer excellent staff benefits including an onsite day nursery and holiday play scheme, an onsite staff club with 2 indoor heated swimming pools and a fully equipped gym. Situated in the south of Wiltshire, Salisbury is surrounded by beautiful countryside including Salisbury Plain and the New forest.
Salisbury is an attractive place to live and work and really gives you the best of everything. With easy access to London and local airports, Salisbury also has one of the 31 UNESCO world heritage sites in the UK in the form of Stonehenge and in addition boasts a number of museums and famous landmarks which are well worth a visit.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for full details of roles and responsibilities.Person SpecificationEducation, qualifications and trainingEssential
- Evidence of formal training/qualifications equivalent to Healthcare Scientist Practitioner degree level including BSc (Hons) Clinical Physiology
- BSE accreditation (TTE level 2)
- ILS certification
- RCCP/AHCS registration
- Demonstration of academic interest
- Experience in all aspects of technical echocardiography, including practice with a wide range of technical equipment
- Experience at a senior level of independent practice including investigation, interpretation, reporting and recommending alternative investigations
- Experience of applying theoretical knowledge into patient care
- Knowledge of secondary cardiac investigation
- Evidence of recent continued professional development
- Evidence of teaching
- Mentoring qualification
- Examples of service development and/or audit
- Works well in a small team and within an MDT
Knowledge & skillsEssential
- Patient centred and safe
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Advanced knowledge of echocardiography
- Specialist knowledge of at least one other cardiac investigation
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under own initiative, without direct supervision, and to manage own workload and that of others where appropriate
- Ability to oversee junior members of staff and guide training as appropriate
Salisbury NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.