We are looking for an enthusiastic registered nurse to join our Ophthalmology team here at MSE.
We are responsible for providing specialist ophthalmic care for the population of Mid and South Essex across two sites. No two-days are the same as our department includes, wards, clinics, theatres and a 24 hour emergency service which you may become part of once you have become competent and confident in your practice.
While it is desirable for you to have practical experience in the field, it is not essential as there are plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge within this specialty, including the opportunity to rotate and gain experience in the Ophthalmology theatres, clinics, day care ward and Southend Eye Unit. We also want to invest in your learning by giving you access to a number of in-house and outsourced training programmes.
So, if you're a registered nurse looking for a role that offers a variety of experiences, opportunities to develop and learn new skills and involves working within a friendly and supportive multi-disciplinary team, then please apply today!Main duties of the job
If successful, your duties will include:
- To ensure that an individual programme of care is planned , implemented and evaluated for each patient within own sphere of responsibility.
- To work as part of the multidisciplinary team ensuring the delivery of a high standard of care to the patients.
- To participate in all relevant aspects of the Governance process.
- To adhere to the NMC code of Professional Conduct at all times and ensure compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- To act as a positive role model at all times.
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.
We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progress.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details of this interesting and rewarding role, where you have the opportunity to further your knowledge, skills and career (should you wish to), please see attached Job Description.
We look forward to receiving your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience working in acute setting
- Previous experience working in multi-disciplinary team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Some experience in ophthalmology clinic
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.