Are you a SCPHN qualified school nurse who is passionate, motivated and responsible and want to work in County Durham, working with children, young people and families, improving health outcomes for 6-25 population If you are we would love to hear from you. You will be required to plan deliver and evaluate an efficient and cost effective School Nursing service for an identified school age population, providing line management and leadership within the School Nurse team and be pro-active in delivering the National and Public Health agendas in response to identified health and social need, to work in partnership with other agencies in order to improve health outcomes for children and their families and meet agreed standards objectives and statutory requirements. Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for leading and delivering the Healthy Child Programme 6 - 25 and the 6 school aged years high impact areas, ensuring services are provided within the tiered model approach - building community capacity, universal, universal plus and universal partnership plus. To be professionally accountable and responsible and adhere to and apply Trust and NMC standards.
Making Every Contact Count to enable the opportunistic delivery of consistent and concise healthy lifestyle information.
Work with parents, carers, and children and partner agencies to promote the physical, emotional and social development of school age children (includes care leavers and young people up to 25 where additional needs are identified.
The post holder will ensure inter-agency/professional partnership working between services, statutory and voluntary organisations to facilitate integrated approaches in meeting the needs of children.About us
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide 'outstanding' care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor further information on this position please see Job Description and Personal Specification attached. If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact Karen Guest-Humphries by email - firstname.lastname@example.orgPerson SpecificationQualified SCPHNEssential Desirable
- An inclusive and supportive culture - our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference, Team of the Month Awards & Colleague Recognition Awards
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Practice Development Qualification
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bishop Auckland Family Hub
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.