Currently there is an exciting opportunity within the NELFT Healthcare Informatics Team for an experienced 1st Line Support Analyst on a 10 month fixed term contract. The post is located in Rainham, Essex. (Please note previous applicants need not apply.)The post holder will achieve this by providing 1st level technical support for all ICT incidents reported by NELFT staff to the ICT Service Desk. The level of support provided to the ICT user base will ensure that maximum up-time of localised ICT systems is maintained, which will enable NELFT staff to make the best use of ICT systems during their daily work. The post holder will primarily provide telephone support to users, in addition to face-to-face technical support to walk-in clients, as and when required, consistently delivering a client-focused service which promotes excellent customer service and effective working relationships.Main duties of the job
o Provide effective 1st line end-user telephone, email & self-service support for ICT and EPR systems including Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suites, off-the-shelf & bespoke applications, remote connectivity / VPN platforms, local/network printer and Active Directory mailbox & user account creation.
o Resolve EPR functional issues.
o Ensure comprehensive logging of tickets and timely resolution of 1st line issues.
o Support end-users remotely, using available remote desktop software.
o Engage proactively with all clients in order to prevent reoccurring errors.
o Take ownership of incidents, service requests and problem management where necessary.
o Work as part of a team and actively promote knowledge sharing amongst all levels of technical support staff.
o Work alongside various teams within the Informatics department, keeping team members up-to-date as and when required.
o Create and update technical documentation in line with departmental guidelines.
o Maintain a professional demeanour and deliver client-focused support in line with the Trust values
.o Provide out-of-hours support & on-site support, if required
.o Perform machine builds & hardware/software installation in line with department asset management practices.
o Ensure that the service desk environment is kept clean, tidy, safe and fit for purpose.
o Actively take part in departmental discussions & developments.About us
09 March 2023
08:27 Probationary Period
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff). Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focussing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex. High Cost Area Supplement
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (with a minimum of �4,313 to a maximum of �5,436). COVID-19 Vaccination
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification for further details on the vacancy.Person SpecificationCommunication & RelationshipEssential
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communicates effectively at all levels with a variety of internal and external individuals including clinicians
- Significant experience of working in an IT customer support environment, and providing a high level of customer service
- Works well within a team
- Educated to diploma level or equivalent qualifications / experience
- Significant experience of providing 1st line technical support
- Experience of administering modern Microsoft operating systems
- Knowledge of ticket logging systems and exposure to incident and problem management
Analytical & Judgemental SkillEssential
- ITIL Foundation Certificate or higher
- CompTIA A+ Certification or higher / equivalent
- MCITP Microsoft Certification or higher / equivalent
Planning & OrganisationalEssential
- Problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands
- Ability to analyse complex facts and situations and develop a range of options
- Methodical approach to troubleshooting technical issues
- Must be able to prioritise own work effectively and be able to direct activities of others
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to cope with uncertainty and change
Policy & Service DevelopmentEssential
- Experience of interpreting data, creating reports designs and topology, developing or programming and maintaining documentation relating to hardware and applications support
- Implements departmental IT policies, and proposes changes to IT systems, software, or equipment, working practices, reporting methods
- Willing to engage with and learn from peers, other professionals and colleagues in the desire to provide or support the most appropriate interventions
- Be prepared to work outside of normal working hours to ensure testing and implementation can occur in order to minimise disruption to service users
- Understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity and good working relationships, respects and values diversity
- Used to working in a busy environment
- Be prepared to travel within the Trust geographical area as required by the role
Employer detailsEmployer name
- To be aware of and demonstrate the Trust Values
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
CEME Centre, Rainham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.