Would you like the opportunity to work in a unit that inspires the kind of feedback you can read above? Are you a registered Children's Nurse committed to providing the best care possible for children ranging from 0-18years? Would you like the opportunity to work in a busy, friendly acute children's unit that prides itself on the service it provides? The answer to the above questions is YES then the Children's' Unit and Paediatric Assessment Unit at the Great Western Hospital in Swindon is the place for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our team of 14 band 6 ward sisters/charge nurses. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated nurse to join our friendly and skilled teamWe have a 22 bed unit for all acute paediatric patients including ENT orthopedic and general medicine. We also care for children requiring HDU care and ensure HDU and EPALS training for all qualified staff.
Additionally, our new and exciting Integrated Front Door is due to open in September 2024 creating a new care pathway for children and young people in Swindon.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for providing safe and effective care to Children without direct Supervision, ensuring the day to day management of the unit meets service needs. The post holder will ensure that all staff management will be completed in a timely way.
Amazing staff and very welcomingNever a day that I didn't want to come inFriendly vibe to the whole wardBrilliant mentors and nursesPerfect placementGreat place to learn and experience what nursing isLots of different opportunitiesAbout us
Our STAR values are at the heart of everything we do. You can expect to see them in the way we act and the way we treat each other. Our values make us who we are. Service
We will put our patients first Teamwork
We will work together Ambition
We will aspire to provide the best service Respect
We will act with integrityJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The post will give you the opportunity to support the band 7 and demonstrate your drive, leadership skills, passion and ability to make a difference. We also have a busy Pediatric Assessment Unit open 24 hours a day taking Gp referral and undertaking diagnostic tests, giving medications and transfusions etc.
The areas are supported by the Ward Manager and please contact Thomas Little on 01793 604976 if you would like an informal visit and/or discuss further.
Please see full Job description and personal specification attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RCN / Diploma in Child Health or RG
- FLAP or equivalent
- Level 3 safeguarding children
- Post registration clinical experience
- Competent in all aspects of acute paediatric nursing including HDU
- Continuing experience of mentorship within a children's unit
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Management experience.
- Participation in audit and research
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to effectively manage daily operational issues.
- Demonstrate reflective practice.
- Ability to develop personal & unit initiatives.
- Understanding of the concept of clinical supervision.
- Evidence of effective child protection and safeguarding working
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of recent clinical development/best practice and integration theory into practice
- Evidence based knowledge of wide variety of neonatal / paediatric conditions.
- Understanding of audit tools to support good practice
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Great Western Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.