This is an exciting time to be working at London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust, in the post go live phase of the implementation of our Cerner electronic patient record across all three of our sites.
As a member of the corporate nursing team, this role provides the day-to-day leadership to deliver the Trust's Digital transformation strategy. The post holder will represent Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health professionals and be responsible for developing our digital solutions to meet the needs of our varied workforce and patients. The Trust has just gone live with its electronic patient record and the focus in the short term will be to optimise usability, equipment integration and benefits realisation from the system. In the longer term the post holder will be working to identify and deliver our aspiration to accelerate our nursing digital literacy to highly performing levels and use technology to optimise nursing practice. In conjunction with the CCIO you will take on the clinical governance associated with digital programmes .
As we have a joint platform for our electronic record with the other acute Trusts in North West London. It is key that the individual can collaborate across organisational boundaries and be able to represent the needs of LNWH articulately and comprehensively.
Informal conversations with the chief nurse are encouraged pre application and can be arranged by contacting - email@example.com on 020 8869 5045.Main duties of the jobKEY RESPONSIBILITIES Leadership and management
Provides the Trust level leadership of the ongoing digital agenda within the Corporate Nursing team.
Support the delivery of care through visible clinical leadership, working in partnership with divisions, wards and department managers.
Ensure that there are local systems and processes in place that support the delivery of kind, compassionate and respectful care. Deputises as requested at the corporate nursing and strategic meetings.
Risk assesses with the programme team the clinical risk, impact and workflows toreduce harm, and negative impact by identifying satisfactory mitigation.
Assesses clinical incident trends in DATIX to identify themes and proactive issuesto change practice with the joint trust transformation team.
Develops and delivers the benefits aspects of the clinical informatics for nursingand midwifery practice / outcomes and deliverables across the Trust. Ensures that project plans are robustly aligned to professional and operational requirements in conjunction with Corporate Nursing and Divisional Directors of Nursing.
Taking a transformational approach, facilitates and coordinates a state of readiness within the Nursing Midwifery and AHP teams.
Ensures decisions affecting nursing and midwifery practice are approved throughthe agreed governance arrangements, and ensures the wider nursing andmidwifery leadership have an understanding of changes and wider ICT decision.About us
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationQuestions and responsesEssential
- Experience in digital transformation project
- Extensive experience using patient record in an acute environment
- Experience in audits and quality standards
Education and QualificationEssential
- Experience in deploying an EPR with Cerner Melliennium
- RN or Midwife
- MSc or equivalent with experience
- Management or Leadership qualification or equivalent experience
- Degree Level qualification in informatics
- Member of faculty or clinical informatics or similar
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Skills in ability to lead and insprie a large team
- Compassionate leadership skills - team building and apprasial skills
- Ability to manage change and deal with complex and difficult situations
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Northwick Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.