Locum Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist (Inpatient CAMHS) Fixed Term - 6 months 10 sessions per week.
We are pleased to announce that an exciting opportunity has arisen at the Coborn Centre for Adolescent Mental Health. This is a Fixed term Consultant role for 6 months.
The Coborn Centre is a highly specialised in-patient service for adolescents with severe and complex mental disorder. It is based in vibrant multicultural East London. The service is a centre of excellence, rated as Outstanding by the CQC.
The Coborn Centre comprises of 3 provisions including a PICU service, an Acute ward, and a Day Service. There is a highly experienced, well established expert multidisciplinary team providing a comprehensive holistic biopsychosocial assessment and treatment packages to young people and families who actively participate in co-production.
East London NHS Foundation Trust has long been recognised as a centre of excellence for mental and health care, innovation, and quality improvement. Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving quality of life. The Trust could support you with offering up to �10,000 for removal and associated expenses.Main duties of the job
The role of the consultant psychiatrist will be to provide psychiatric assessments and treatment where appropriate undertake risk assessments contribute a psychiatric perspective and provide clinical leadership to the multidisciplinary team provide consultation to other professionals and agencies and contribute to service developments.
The post holder will also be expected to participate in a range of other activities, particularly healthcare governance, quality improvement, teaching and training. We would be particularly interested in talking to potential candidates about their areas of special interest.
Post holder will work closely with the 2 other consultants in the service and with the multidisciplinary team in the assessment and management of young people and families with severe and enduring mental disorder as well as liaising with community stakeholders including CAMHS, Social Care, Education, Youth Offending Teams, Acute Hospital and Adult Mental Health teams.About us
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who champions these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
We are committed to active co-production and have recently appointed a people Participation lead within the service. We also have a range of Quality Improvement projects at the Coborn and work closely with community colleagues particularly in developing our admission avoidance work in each community system we serve We are also in active collaboration with our CAMHS Collaboratives, and our partner Unit also run by ELFT, Evergreen, in Luton. Collaboration and joint working are key.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy.
For any queries, please contact Dr Ravi Patel email@example.com or Dr Rafik Refaat, firstname.lastname@example.org 07815082995
To apply, visit www.jobs.nhs.uk and search under the relevant job reference numberPerson SpecificationEducation / QualificationsEssential
Desirable Skills / AbilitiesEssential
- Full GMC registration
- MRCPsych parts 1& 2 or equivalent
- Eligible for inclusion on the specialist register or higher trainee within 6 months of CCT
- Section 12 approved and Approved Clinician status or willing to apply for approval
- Possesses an extensive range of clinical knowledge and excellent clinical skills
- Concerned to maintain and develop this knowledge
- Displays sound professional judgement
- Exercises sound clinical risk management
- Sees patients within an holistic context
- Creative in the design and implementation of treatment programmes
- Appreciation and understanding of transcultural and gender issues in psychiatry
- Shows an approach based on critical enquiry and evidence based practice
- Able to balance competing demands and prioritise
Communication and Interpersonal SkillsEssential
- Higher training in a specific psychotherapeutic treatment or modality eg. Family Therapy, CBT, individual or group psychotherapy.
- Experience of managing CYP with eating disorders in acute or community settings
- Strong leadership and co-ordination skills with ability to direct and organise teams
- Excellent communication skills with a range of different people
- Ability to build effective relationships with patients, families, colleagues and other professionals
- Ability to cope with considerable pressure and adapt to constant change and new demands
- Shows enthusiasm and initiative in pursuing innovation and the highest standards for patients, juniors, colleagues and the organisation
- Experience of teaching in small groups and lecturing
- Commitment to both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, academic and clinical
- Familiarity with problem based learning approaches
- Enthusiastic and organised approach to audit and quality assurance
- Ability to operate effectively in a committee
- Training in management skills
- Experience of management of a clinical area
- Experience of service development
- Experience in a research project
- Publication accepted by peer review journals in a relevant academic field
- Ability to travel to other venues in the community including patients homes
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Meets professional health requirements
- Adherence to the highest ethical and professional standards
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
SS Coburn Galaxy
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.