An exciting opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated individual to join the Trust, as a key member of the Capital Finance Senior Team.
Our successful candidate will support the Head and Deputy Head of Corporate Finance Finance Manager and the wider Finance team.
In this role you will provide high quality and wide-ranging financial expertise, information and advice on complex financial and performance issues to directors and senior operational staff, as well as advising the Director of Finance regarding the overall performance of the Capital Programme.
You will be expected to 'take the lead' on a number of workstream,s to ensure reporting is accurate and compliant to inform the annual accounts for the Trust and the subsidiary, YTHFM LLP.
Knowledge of group accounting and consolidation and IFRS 16 would be advantageous to the successful candidate.Main duties of the job
The post holder will have in depth knowledge and experience of the NHS capital financial regime and hold an AAT Level 4 qualification. Ideally you will be studying towards a professional accountancy qualification (CCAB orCIMA).
Although this post is based at Tribune House, York, it will involve occasional cross-site working at York Hospital, Scarborough Hospital and other Trust sites. Therefore, the ability to transport yourself and equipment across the locality during the course of a normal working day is required for this vacancy.
Whilst training you will receive a Band 6 salary. The successful candidate will become a Band 7 upon completion of their Accountancy qualification (CCAB or CIMA).
Please feel free to contact us to discuss this opportunity further.About us
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description. Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind we are open and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.Person SpecificationExperience & Knowledge RequiredEssential
- The post holder will have a theoretical and practical understanding of the NHS financial regime and will be required to demonstrate knowledge of financial and accounting procedures, with knowledge of capital and lease accounting financial management.
- The post holder will have an understanding of NHS financial and accounting policy and is responsible for providing detailed advice and guidance to finance and non-finance managers to enable informed decision making at strategic and operational levels.
- The post holder will have an understanding of the Capital Departmental Expenditure Limit (CDEL) and the impact this has on the capital program. efficiency programme.
Education, Qualifications and TrainingEssential
- The post holder will have experience of managing fixed asset registers and preparing reports
- The post holder will hold a current Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Level 4 Qualification. This is essential for the appointment to the role at band 6.
Skills & AttributesEssential
- Studying towards a Professional Accountancy Qualification (CCAB or CIMA). For candidates that hold a full qualification, appointment to the role at band 7 will be considered alongside relevant experience.
Aptitude & Personal QualitiesEssential
- The post holder is required to review complex information and develop reports to meet the specifications of others.
- The role requires an understanding of group accounting and ensuring intercompany transactions are dealt with appropriately in the annual accounts process.
- The role requires use of computer software and statistical information with effective use of spreadsheets, databases, the Capital Asset Register and Financial ledger systems.
Values, Drivers & MotivatorsEssential
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- To be an effective leader on capital accounting throughout directorates.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to demonstrate our organisational values and behaviours
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Tribune Way, Clifton Moor
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.