Brief Description of the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join the Critical Care team within the Clinical business unit of planned care
We are looking for highly motivated level one nurses to join and complement our hard working dedicated team of staff, to provide a high level of critical care to our patients, who suffer from a variety of conditions. These patients may be medical, surgical, cardiology, obstetric, elective and emergency surgery. Our patient base is a mixture of Covid and Non COVID patients.
The successful candidates should be Registered General Nurses or those due to qualify within the next 3 months. Post registration experience is preferred and Critical care experience would be an advantage but not essential, with a view to going on to complete a critical care course. They should possess excellent communication skills, have a good level of ability with IT systems and be able to interact well within the multidisciplinary team. The candidate should be prepared to achieve competence in the administration of intravenous medicines and work towards a teaching and assessing qualification. They must also ensure they are able maintain revalidation and be prepared to complete the ICU core competencies.Main duties of the job
ICU is a close knit team of doctors, nurses, physios and all AHP's which is therefore able to provide support to each other during stressful situations. We have an active social calendar, meeting for dog walks, netball, fundraising activities and much more so there is always something to get involved with.
For further information or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Sister Max Mallinson or Deputy Matron Wendy Milner on 01274 364126/364880
Previous applicants need not apply
We can offer staff gymnasiums on both hospital sites, excellent pension scheme and advice on childcare. Closing Date: 29.09.23 (This date may change dependent on the response)About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information about the role.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Good verbal and written command of english. Good communication/interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in an acute setting/secondary care
- Previous experience of Critical Care
- Knowledge of critical care area
- Ability to plan own use own initiative and act independently within the bounds of existing knowledge and skills. Capable of working within a multidisciplinary team
- IV skills/ Phlebotomy skills
- NMC Registered General Nurse or those expecting to qualify within the next 3 months
- Health Care related Degree/Diploma Relevant ENB courses
- STEPS critical care level 1 competencies
- Teaching and assessing qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
- Understanding of equality and diversity issues and how this affects patients, visitors and staff
- Understanding of your responsibilities to the public, patients and colleagues with regards to the NMC code of conduct /revalidation
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.