Are you an inspirational leader, passionate about service development and opportunities to enable excellent outcomes for children and young people?
If so, we welcome you to join our exciting and dynamic Children & Young People's Therapies Team.
We are recruiting an Early Years Operational Lead for Occupational Therapy for the Children and Young People's (CYP) Integrated Therapy Service in Buckinghamshire. This post will provide strategic, operational, and clinical leadership to our early years Occupational Therapy Team.
The role will be responsible for ensuring high quality delivery of Occupational Therapy in clinics and community settings along with oversight of our webinars and virtual advice line.
Along with the Operational Lead for Speech and Language Therapy - Early Years and the Clinical Lead for Physiotherapy, you will work to establish MDT pathways to support pre schoolers and their families access the community, stay healthy and achieve their goals.
This post is based at Amersham Hospital with an expectation to travel between county wide locations. Post holder will need to have access to their own car to travel.Main duties of the job
About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -
- The post holder will be responsible for overseeing delivery of OT services to early years children (0-5 years) in clinics, nurseries, and community settings across the county of Buckinghamshire.
- The post holder will be responsible for ensuring high quality delivery of early years webinars and virtual advice lines.
- The post holder will involve working closely with the Local Authority and Early Help Services to implement the Local Therapy Strategy. This involves working with the wider system to embed Occupational Therapy training and intervention into all settings in Buckinghamshire using the universal, targeted and specialist model of intervention.
- The post holder will provide expert clinical intervention and clinical leadership to the early years OT team and the wider MDT
- Alongside other Operational and clinical leads will establish MDT pathways.
BHT - A great place to work (buckshealthcare.nhs.uk) What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our care values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAININGEssential
- Degree or Diploma Occupational therapy
- Professional registration with HCPC.
- Member of relevant professional body e.g., RCOT, CPS.
- Post graduate clinical/ management qualification or equivalent level of experience and proven ability to perform at this level
- Significant demonstrable experience of and demonstrable achievement in managing health/social care services
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective partnerships with stakeholders in the redesign of services
- Experience of effectively leading and implementing change
- Experience of monitoring staff performance
- Experience of budget management / management of resources
- Extensive experience of working with pre school aged children.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Highly skilled at working with school aged children in nursery, community, and clinic settings.
- Expert knowledge of assessments and interventions for children of pre school aged
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Amersham Hosptial, Wheilden Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.