An exciting opportunity has arisen for Band 5 Staff Nurses to join our friendly Ward 14 team.
We are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic, hard-working qualified nurses who have a passion for delivering high standards of patient care. Ward 14 has recently been fully refurbished and provides a modern working environment.
The ward is busy with a high patient turnover providing care for a variety of medical specialties including haematology, rheumatology and endocrinology. Within these specialties we provide care for clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) patients. This provides a fantastic variety of opportunities for learning and development. You will need to possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A polite and courteous manner towards patients and relatives will be essential for this role, together with your ability to work under pressure as part of the team on a busy medical ward.
Successful candidates must be caring, compassionate and possess a positive attitude to supporting colleagues in the delivery of high quality, safe, effective care for our patients.Main duties of the job
You should be a Registered Nurse and possess or be working towards a degree in nursing & hold a recognised teaching qualification (or be prepared to work towards). You should have excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills and be able to work effectively as a member of the ward team. Internal rotation (Days/Nights/weekends) is mandatory.About us
Based in the North East of England we provide a range of hospital and community health services from our leading facilities, including the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Blaydon urgent care centre and Bensham Hospital, all within Gateshead.
Established in 2005, we were one of the first foundation trusts in the country and since then have consistently achieved the highest levels of care for patients.
We now employ around 4,800 staff and currently provide 444 hospital beds across the Gateshead region.
Our values should be the 'golden thread' which runs through everything we do - they are the core of who we are. Our five values can easily be remembered by the simple acronymICORE Innovation, Care, Openness, Respect, Engagement.
We have a number of staff networks including the BAME network, D-Ability network, LGBTQ+ Network and the Women's Network, to challenge us and help us to constantly improve. Our armed forces network is one of our emerging networks.
The health and wellbeing of our staff is one of our highest priorities, and we offer a range of support and initiatives as part of our 'Balance' programme balancegateshead.com to cater for our diverse workforce, so that your individual needs can be supported, allowing you a happy and healthy working experience with us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To promote and deliver patient centred care aligned with the Trust vision and Nursing and Midwifery strategy.
- To take a lead role in the absence of the Senior Sister/Charge Nurse/Deputy Sister.
- To deliver all aspects of care and may be required to demonstrate procedures and supervise qualified and/or unqualified staff.
- Responsible for the patients clinical journey along agreed patient care pathways, supported by evidence based practice.
- To provide the highest standard of safe, effective and compassionate care through the effective use of evidence based practice in line with agreed local and national standards and the NMC Code.
- To support a continuously improving service, in line with the clinical governance framework, Trust objectives, and the NHS performance framework.
- To provide clinical advice and support to the nursing and multi -professional team to facilitate the effective delivery of care to patients at all times.
- To continually develop professionally to ensure the post holder has the appropriate level of skill, knowledge and competence to meet service/specialty requirements.
- To participate in Preceptorship/ mentorship and development programs.
- Registered Nurse
- Ability to work effectively within a team and have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience relevant to speciality
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience relevant to speciality
Gateshead Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Queen Elizabeth hospital
Queen Elizabeth Avenue
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.